Blue Devils 2017 Show Announcement

I dig it. Finally moving away from the literature and arts expression (not that that was bad). So many awesome things could be done with this visually. Gonna be an awesome show!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I dig it. Finally moving away from the literature and arts expression (not that that was bad). So many awesome things could be done with this visually. Gonna be an awesome show!

Now that I think of it, you're right, it's been a while since BD has done a show that wasn't literature/art motivated. Maybe since 2011? 

They have done a terrific job, but last year just felt very been there, done that. Execution was off the charts, almost literally, but I was ready for something more unexpected.

One thing about this concept is that it is literally built to evolve as the season progresses. So they are all but telling us that they are going to add to and evolve the production as they go. And knowing them, they already have some amazing visual concepts up their sleeve.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Now that I think of it, you're right, it's been a while since BD has done a show that wasn't literature/art motivated. Maybe since 2011? 

The 2009 show was the last I can remember that had nothing to do with literature, music, or art. It was heavily motivated by history.

16 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The 2009 show was the last I can remember that had nothing to do with literature, music, or art. It was heavily motivated by history.

1930 is one of my favorite's. That whole opener was smooth as butter 

Everything Must Change - Center Grove Winterguard this year did it very well!

45 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You mean Velveeta?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

1930 was my LEAST favorite show from them!  haha!

7 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

1930 was my LEAST favorite show from them!  haha!

What?! Haha that's crazy, just goes to show how different the tastes are on DCP. 

I found the arrangements in that show to be particularly great, not sure why. Definitely preferred it over, say, 2013. 

• Like 1