Is this an accurate description of Open Class in 2017?

No. I think that,for the most part, it totally underestimates the amount of work open class corps do, and the amount of performances/competitions they have. 

• Like 1

For instance, our first competition is July 2nd (LaCrosse show), and ends in Indy, just like the world class corps.

No. Ames Field isn't really "packed to the brim with spectators". I've seen empty seats every time I've attended O.C. Finals.

Which is a shame.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

2 hours ago, ChefofLegends said:

No. I think that,for the most part, it totally underestimates the amount of work open class corps do, and the amount of performances/competitions they have. 

Yes, that was part of the article that I questioned.  Thanks for your input.

That description may not be balanced, but not necessarily false.  She did characterize the choice of lighter schedule/lesser workload with words such as "some", "many", "often", in recognition that other corps approach it differently.

I have more of a problem with describing the world class tour as "several months", when the maximum is not even two full months.

And yes, while OC finals attendance is not bad, the stands are not "packed".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No. Ames Field isn't really "packed to the brim with spectators". I've seen empty seats every time I've attended O.C. Finals.

That said, such language is normal hyperbole in reporting about live events, and I was only joking in picking on the article for that comment.

Edited by N.E. Brigand