Corps yet to announce 2017 Show Rep?

3 hours ago, subcritical said:

Troopers '17 rep list:

Neil Diamond - America
Ennio Morricone - A Fistful Of Dollars
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
An original piece
John Williams - Battle of Heroes

Heh. If this is true, I like the shift from "hero" in 2016 to "battle of heroes" in 2017. This rep -- again, if true -- has more of a "black hat" feel to it than the white hats of 2016. We shall see.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:14 PM, snare_guy_83 said:

If real, when is the official announcement?

Hehe no, sorry. I had a little too much fun thinking about this post lol

Reminds me a bit of the rumors suggesting the show tittle would be "The Deep" haha, although Wikipedia says thats the show title, so it must be true... 

On 5/17/2017 at 7:09 PM, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Heh. If this is true, I like the shift from "hero" in 2016 to "battle of heroes" in 2017. This rep -- again, if true -- has more of a "black hat" feel to it than the white hats of 2016. We shall see.

Based on some talk I heard earlier this year, I wanted to toss another similarly named piece as the closer instead of that, but I heard there were copyright issues surrounding that piece. Since you specifically mentioned Tresona, I figured it would be best if I didn't use that in a joke post... 

On 5/17/2017 at 3:49 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

We now have three corps that will be giving major announcements (presumably about their shows) over the next two days.

Spirit of Atlanta - Thursday 5/18 (tomorrow), 3pm EST

Pacific Crest - Thursday 5/18 (tomorrow), 6pm PST

Boston Crusaders - Friday 5/19 (no exact time given)

:offtopic:

My post is off-topic that is...

Thanks for the info...I'm going to nitpick ya though on times because I'm bored and there is nothing else to do right now...haha

We (the usa) are currently in daylight savings time...therefore the designation of EST (eastern standard time) and PST (pacific standard time) are incorrect above..it can therefore be stated as EDT ( eastern daylight time) or PDT (pacific daylight time)...time zones are ET (eastern time zone) or PT (pacific time zone)...

or you can make it coordinated universal time (UCT) ...which is a standard and NOT a time zone...this standard worldwide never changes

or GMT (greenwich mean time)..which IS a time zone...also called ZULU time in aviation and the military...this time zone also never changes...

Eastern Daylight Saving Time ( EDT ) = GMT-4 or Pacific Daylight Saving Time ( PDT ) = GMT-7  (add these hours to your current time to get GMT during daylight savings)

Eastern Standard Saving Time ( EST ) = GMT-5  or Eastern Standard Time ( EST ) = GMT-8 (add these hours to your current time to get GMT during standard)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...lol

edit:  

2PM PDT(local) = 5PM EDT = 9PM GMT

2PM PST(local) = 5PM EST = 10PM GMT

Edited by Liahona
CrownBariDad
  • Like 5

PC 2017 Show Announcement 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

:offtopic:

My post is off-topic that is...

Thanks for the info...I'm going to nitpick ya though on times because I'm bored and there is nothing else to do right now...haha

We (the usa) are currently in daylight savings time...therefore the designation of EST (eastern standard time) and PST (pacific standard time) are incorrect above..it can therefore be stated as EDT ( eastern daylight time) or PDT (pacific daylight time)...time zones are ET (eastern time zone) or PT (pacific time zone)...

or you can make it coordinated universal time (UCT) ...which is a standard and NOT a time zone...this standard worldwide never changes

or GMT (greenwich mean time)..which IS a time zone...also called ZULU time in aviation and the military...this time zone also never changes...

Eastern Daylight Saving Time ( EDT ) = GMT-4 or Pacific Daylight Saving Time ( PDT ) = GMT-7  (add these hours to your current time to get GMT during daylight savings)

Eastern Standard Saving Time ( EST ) = GMT-5  or Eastern Standard Time ( EST ) = GMT-8 (add these hours to your current time to get GMT during standard)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...lol

When you're nit picky, also check for nits in your own post.  I'm pretty sure you meant to include an example of EST and *PST*.

Thank goodness we have the edit button or I'd be lost.

:-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

When you're nit picky, also check for nits in your own post.  I'm pretty sure you meant to include an example of EST and *PST*.

Thank goodness we have the edit button or I'd be lost.

:-)

I can include examples...edit is a beautiful thing :)

edit: I'm going to work on the show thread first for PC ...

Edited by Liahona
edit
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2017 at 8:11 PM, Liahona said:

The repertoire is missing from the following...

ajZbbKt.pngBluecoats

SDM2ICR.png Blue Stars - Star Crossed

S7QyR0u.pngBoston Crusaders

OEKwL2s.pngCarolina Crown

9YHq27g.png Colts - Both Sides Now

QhgGqOZ.png Crossmen - Enigma

kOfhJ7I.png Jersey Surf

3Uo9Ja1.png Mandarins - Inside the Ink

DBH45ji.pngPacific Crest

MnSpD3w.pngPhantom Regiment

UFRHcvJ.pngSeattle Cascades

cvwotD4.pngSpirit of Atlanta

kudLKS0.pngThe Cavaliers - Men Are From Mars

kNztDo2.pngTroopers

• Like 2

Boston Crusaders 2017 Show Announcement 

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2017/05/2017-boston-crusaders-present-wicked-games/

"Wicked Games"

Selections include:

Full Moon Forest and Rising of the Sun - Moonlight Sonata/Beethoven and The Adoration of Veles and Ala (from Scythian Suite)/Sergei Prokofiev

Whispers and Accusations - Whispers/McNutt, Moyer, Zellers and Cortege Macabre (from Grohg)/Aaron Copland

Tortured - Wicked Game/Chris Isaack

Hunt for the Afflicted - Toccata (from Piano Concerto #1)/Alberto Ginastera

Trial and Execution - The Verdict/Ryan George, Colin McNutt, Iain Moyer

Edited by Barneveld

And then there were five.

Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Phantom Regiment, Seattle Cascades, Troopers: Tell us something. Please. Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

And then there were five.

Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Phantom Regiment, Seattle Cascades, Troopers: Tell us something. Please. Thank you.

"the rest is silence."

-- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act V, Scene 2

• Like 1