A California Year?

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Crown finished 6th in Percussion the year ( 2013 ) they won their DCI Title. Its almost impossible to imagine them winning that title if they were 6th in, for example, Guard instead of 2nd in Brass or Percussion.  That said, I do agree with you that CC has great brass lines, ( some of the best ever some years, imo ) and could help themselves with better Percussion lines moving forward.

I lost to a 7th place Cadets drum line...so there's that.

7 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

I lost to a 7th place Cadets drum line...so there's that.

Lots and of Corps over the years have " lost to a 7th place Cadets Drumline ". So the year it happened to you, historically you had lots of company. Besides,  the judging system you marched under, as I'm sure you are aware, bears little to no relationship to todays judging system, 84BDsop.

1 minute ago, flammaster said:

BD is winning BRASS this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCgeSbGHAI

BD typically is well balanced ( 1,2,3 ) in all captions... so its not going out on a limb to think the 1-3 will be a " 1 " in brass this season. I just hope I enjoy their 2017 show. I think I will.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the first four minutes of the show today on the field...holy hell...This corps is already incredible and Bumblebee is insane. Timing is still a little off, but that will get better quickly. If the rest of the show is half as good, it will be tough to beat. I hope to see the full show in a few more weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Everyfan said:

Timing is still a little off, but that will get better quickly.

They're probably getting used to the new turf field...especially the vets.

Going from the obstacle course that was the Mars I marched on to an actual grass field....kind of a jarring change for a Blue Devil...still doesn't look right when I see pics!

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

This is going to be a Cali season. The others don't know that yet. 

theres probably just a cone of silence on that too, ..and thus explains it.

The California corps seem to be having better spring training weather than many of the corps out east, if that makes any difference..