Spirit of Atlanta 2017

Definitely great seeing them right up with the Colts and Troopers their first night out!  Spirit is definitely going to make a run for the top 15, maybe higher.. (wishful thinking) lol 

A few photos of Spirit's performance at Pittsburgh can be seen here.

They have 5 shows lined up this coming week...I think by next Saturday we'll get a glimpse and how things are going. As of now only 1 show under their belt. Last night's rain out kaboshed show 2. 

Finally was able to see SOA other than the preview show.  While I like what they are doing, it seemed they were having trouble with the electronics and transitions.   Maybe it was just me, but something seemed off.  The guard also seems to missing some great visual opportunities on my opinion.  Why they would choose to only use a sparse number of flags instead using choreography to highlight that beautiful ballad is beyond me.  Also in the drumspeak number, what happened to the piece of equipment they were using in photos during spring training.  Last thing, what do the props represent.  After seeing Colts, not sure if Spirit can catch them.  Still a fan. Still better than last three years. 

• Like 1

Saw them at Lexington last night. I thought the brass sounded great, but it was constantly overshadowed by horrible synth bass goo. It was absolutely terrible. The loudest and most distracting I've ever heard in a show.

Spirit, you have a tuba section. They're good. Let them play and get rid of the dreadful sound coming from the speakers.