Looks like the smoke is settling on DCA

2017 has not been kind this season to Class A,inn the begining of the year it looked like 5 more corps might be joining the ranks ,out of the 5 one made it .and now the loss of another 

Edited by Florida Sun
spelling corection

On 5/19/2017 at 11:27 AM, Florida Sun said:

2 Corps from Open Class move to Class A ,wonder anyone else making a move .Class A now 7 corps and open at 13 corps ,

to be honest, the sizes of the corps arent all that different from what they were 30 years ago....you only had one class then. So lets say 20 corps show up to Rachacha....thats still more than what attended every year until 1987, and 88 til what 2005?

running a corps not easy. membership also has band and WGI commitments. Doesnt mean DCA is dying. 24 years ago all 13 corps that showed up finals weekend made finals...because only 13 corps showed up

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

running a corps not easy. membership also has band and WGI commitments. Doesnt mean DCA is dying. 24 years ago all 13 corps that showed up finals weekend made finals...because only 13 corps showed up

Remember it well.

IMO, the low-water mark for DCA. Several great corps and shows that year, but only 13 corps total... yikes.

And just a few years before the several-years explosion of corps attending Class A prelims... there were only three corps in that class in 2003. 

Seems that things tend to run in cycles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Remember it well.

IMO, the low-water mark for DCA. Several great corps and shows that year, but only 13 corps total... yikes.

And just a few years before the several-years explosion of corps attending Class A prelims... there were only three corps in that class in 2003. 

Seems that things tend to run in cycles.

"Ancient DCA Attendance":

1965:  Six corps showed up at Milford's Jon Law HS for the "Innaugural", and I watched them all from the sideline at the "50".    Fab night of top senior corps and their soloists right in my face.        :thumbs-up:

1966  and 1967 had ten corps in the Final, with a "Prelim" in 1967 for position.  All ten went forward.

1968 had some 18 in Prelim, with 10 in Finals.

Stats courtesy of CorpsReps.

Elphaba        :flower:

• Like 2

I think the 4 A's from last year will be better added to Govs coming back and Southern Knights....may be a banner "A" year. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, larry p said:

I think the 4 A's from last year will be better added to Govs coming back and Southern Knights....may be a banner "A" year. ;)

Five at prelims, three at finals last year.

• Like 1

I'm from the 70's corps but is there a no refund policy in drum corps?  It's not your fought a decision was made not to field a corps.  I'm sorry, I love drum corps life but I'd take some type of legal action to try retrieving some of my money.  Everybody doesn't have Donald Trump Money!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gregory11 said:

I'm from the 70's corps but is there a no refund policy in drum corps?  It's not your fought a decision was made not to field a corps.  I'm sorry, I love drum corps life but I'd take some type of legal action to try retrieving some of my money.  Everybody doesn't have Donald Trump Money!!!

Any membership contract worth a #### includes a refund if the corps doesn't field. I know I'd never sign one that didn't.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Five at prelims, three at finals last year.

I meant the 4 returning.... ;)

• Like 1