Veganism in DCI

Guest Tyler

Guest Tyler

Hey guys! I'm vegan and I was wondering how the food situation was in DCI in that regard. I figured each corp and each class will have different setups, but from your experience, which corps do you think give the best vegan options?

I've volunteered for several Texas corps. With all of them, as long as you let them know in advance (and I don't know any corps that don't ask), they'll work with you. Your menu will be more limited, mainly because of storage space, but I've seen it done firsthand.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mikah

Wow, I guess if you were a vegan in the early '80's, (I know there was no such thing as a vegan in the '80's), you would have lived on cereal, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or else starved.  In the early 80's, when my corps toured, we lived on boloney and cheese, pb and j, cereal, and McDonald's (the pre salad days)..

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2017 at 5:58 PM, Guest Mikah said:

Wow, I guess if you were a vegan in the early '80's, (I know there was no such thing as a vegan in the '80's), you would have lived on cereal, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or else starved.  In the early 80's, when my corps toured, we lived on boloney and cheese, pb and j, cereal, and McDonald's (the pre salad days)..

Us too!  We had many days when we had long hauls to Nationals, etc that we would eat at McD's breakfast, lunch and dinner.  And that was before they had breakfast food!  Nothing like a cheeseburger at 10AM to get you going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 0:08 AM, Guest Tyler said:

Hey guys! I'm vegan and I was wondering how the food situation was in DCI in that regard. I figured each corp and each class will have different setups, but from your experience, which corps do you think give the best vegan options?

Cadets have excellent options for special diets - as do the other top corps from what I've seen