Pioneer 2017

16 minutes ago, shamrockbass said:

Pioneer is proud to present, "Irish On Broadway: The Music of Les Miserables"

Victor Hugo's novel was set in revolutionary Paris & Toulon, France around 1800, not in Dublin, Ireland around 1800.  Maybe Pioneer is doing an Irish twist with this ? In any event, looking forward to their depiction, music and their show.

Edited by BRASSO

I knew an Irish musician straight from "the auld sod" who back in the day made the round of the local nightclubs and Irish pubs. One of his signature schticts was turning any song into an Irish sounding piece. The audience would request something and he'd turn it Irish.  I heard him do it rather convincingly with "O Solo Mio" and "Hava Nagala" so if Pioneer needs some help arranging, that is if he's still alive.

Seriously , "Les Miserables" has lots of great music, much of which has not been performed: I don't recall any corps doing "Master of the House" which could be a fun production number and "Drink with Me" that could make a nice ballad. Good luck Pioneer.

9 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I knew an Irish musician straight from "the auld sod" who back in the day made the round of the local nightclubs and Irish pubs. One of his signature schticts was turning any song into an Irish sounding piece. The audience would request something and he'd turn it Irish.  I heard him do it rather convincingly with "O Solo Mio" and "Hava Nagala" so if Pioneer needs some help arranging, that is if he's still alive.

Seriously , "Les Miserables" has lots of great music, much of which has not been performed: I don't recall any corps doing "Master of the House" which could be a fun production number and "Drink with Me" that could make a nice ballad. Good luck Pioneer.

O' Valjean.. O' Fantine et al. .. I'm on board.  If any Corps could make this work, it would be Pioneer, imo

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

The Irish have a talent for making art from misery?

Potato, potahtoh

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

The Irish have a talent for making art from misery?

So its been said in some quarters anyway.. lol!... In any event, its probably far better than making misery from art.

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, shamrockbass said:

Pioneer is proud to present, "Irish On Broadway: The Music of Les Miserables"

Please explain what the Irish have to do with Les mis?....please and thanks in advance...I think it's a valid question because I'm already scratching my head about this theme...of course I was scratching my head about BK last season as well...

4 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Well, they turned "Oliver Twist" into a little Irish boy so why not turn the people of France into Irish folk, too. Good grief. :lle::doh:

research "the Wild Geese" and the Gaelic culture in Brittany with its Celtic language Breton. 

After Patrick made his sacerdotal retreat in Poitiers, the French and Irish connection has been strong.