Pioneer 2017

14 hours ago, Tim K said:

I first saw Pioneer in 1979 at CYO Nationals, no doubt they were announced as "The Pioneers" as happened back in the day. 

Before that, Blue Rock (the great corps from Wilmington DE) was often called Blue Rocks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Two great young adults.

Wonderful attitudes as well. 

"We often go on first, which makes some new members feel down. But I always tell them, 'you may be giving someone their first drum corps experience '".

class.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a bump to the thread with a note of congrats to Pioneers on the show in San Antonio. First saw you guys struggle with the show in Evansville. Now you're getting a firm grip on it. Keep up the great work!

21 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Here's a bump to the thread with a note of congrats to Pioneers on the show in San Antonio. First saw you guys struggle with the show in Evansville. Now you're getting a firm grip on it. Keep up the great work!

They beat Surf in Brass and Color Guard, both of which are HUGE accomplishments! When was the last time they beat a corps in at least one caption at a major regional?

EDIT: I take that back... They beat Surf in VA at the Atlanta regional just last year.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1