Doggo Drum Corps

1 hour ago, Shewhois said:

Madison Scouts just remind me of beagles for some reason!

This breed is gentle, sweet, outgoing, and curious.  The Beagle is rather hyper as a puppy, and has a good amount of energy as an adult. This is definitely not a sedentary dog, and if you want to own a Beagle, you'll have to be the type of person who likes to stay active with your pet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, friendwhale said:

I'd imagine SCV as a Labrador

Although they will sometimes bark at noise, especially noise from an unseen source ("alarm barking"), Labradors are usually not noisy or territorial. They are often very easygoing and trusting with strangers and therefore are not usually suitable as guard dogs.

Labradors as a breed are curious and exploratory and love company, following both people and interesting scents for food, attention, and novelty value. In this way, they can often "vanish" or otherwise become separated from their owners with little fanfare. As a breed they are highly intelligent and capable of intense single-mindedness and focus if motivated or their interest is caught. Therefore, with the right conditions and stimuli, a bored Labrador could "turn into an escape artist par excellence".

Though a mutt or mongrel would not be a breed, I think a mutt like "Old Yeller" would be fitting for the Troopers. It fits with the Western theme of the corps. It fits for another reason too. This year the corps is doing "Duels and Duets" and the fight between Old Yeller and the rabid wolf could be one of the duels. The colorguard could use their rifles to shoot Old Yeller and since the rifles are not real, the animal rights activists will not picket shows. If done correctly, it could be an emotional tear jerker, just as 2013 was when the sunburst made a return. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

Though a mutt or mongrel would not be a breed, I think a mutt like "Old Yeller" would be fitting for the Troopers. It fits with the Western theme of the corps. It fits for another reason too. This year the corps is doing "Duels and Duets" and the fight between Old Yeller and the rabid wolf could be one of the duels. The colorguard could use their rifles to shoot Old Yeller and since the rifles are not real, the animal rights activists will not picket shows. If done correctly, it could be an emotional tear jerker, just as 2013 was when the sunburst made a return. 

Back when Jim Jones was alive, it wasn't unusual for Troopers to be associated with Rin Tin Tin, a patriotic German shepherd if I recall correctly.

11 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

The Academy is something super fluffy, large, and cuddly and impossible not to love.  Like EXTRA fluffy.  

So fluffy you could die?

Edited by ranintothedoor
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

I'd say that this might fit a cetain DCP thread this winter. Sometimes the bite was as bad as the bark.

This is for you, based on the other thread....talk about dogs....

cartoon-illustration-of-funny-sausages-m

• Like 1