Disappointing cliched show themes (so far in 2017)

On 6/2/2017 at 4:01 PM, HockeyDad said:

But it was basically about nothing. That statement kinda stopped me in my tracks and made me think. When did shows start having to be about something?  And why?  Excellence in playing, marching, drumming, auxiliary. Entertainment. Excitement generated by the sheer thrill of doing something so hard to do so well. When did that become not enough?

You are a dino-sour.

It's (apparently) too bad you don't recognize it.

From Wikipedia:  While encompassing a broad range of ideas, postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism, irony or distrust toward grand narratives, ideologies and various tenets of universalism, including objective notions of reason, human nature, social progress, moral universalism, absolute truth, and objective reality.

Need I say more?  This is too much of what drum corps has become.

If you don't like it, stop following DCI. Simple as that. Boom. Done. Over with. Seems like you enjoy complaining though. :lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

From Wikipedia:  While encompassing a broad range of ideas, postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism, irony or distrust toward grand narratives, ideologies and various tenets of universalism, including objective notions of reason, human nature, social progress, moral universalism, absolute truth, and objective reality.

Yes, If you add "For my tastes ... " in front of your last sentence. Then I think we are clear.

1 hour ago, chris7997 said:

Huh, today I learned that I'm a postmodernist.

keep it coming DCI, I love it.

• Like 1

I don't care about what a corps decides to call their show. Ultimately, if I enjoy the music and the show is well designed and well executed, the title is irrelevant. I enjoyed drum corps long before they felt it necessary to name their shows.

• Like 1