Blue Devils or the Field?

Blue Devils or the field? An annual question  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win DCI Finals in 2017?

• The Blue Devils
    • Any Other Corps

Obviously the past doesn't dictate the present, AND I could obviously be very wrong on this, but after the past decade I just don't see BD taking anything but gold in a year following a silver.

That said, I'm still rooting for an SCV surprise attack!

• Like 5

I dont know Honestly! BD track record proven to be the predictable bet for winning but I dont want to make that call until all shows are on the the field officially. Every year I am in anticipation to see what and who will... but I don't take it for granted that Blue Devils will run away with it, even though I dont mind because they are my heart beat. But I just dont underestimate the field thinking that way. Blue Devils vs the Field really gets me nervous and anxious just the same yearly.  It doesn't matter how strong BD have been and the winning in a streak year to year gold and silver. BD in current a year still have to show that they are dominant by bringing something really great to the field. Talk about pressure!!!! So no I cant chose now until the 22nd and 23rd when the premier of the season begin.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

It seems to me, from the past few years, that BD has increasingly stiff (and hungry) competition.  Corps are going to take risks after that Bluecoats show.  The more complex and diverse the programs become, the less that we should be able to suggest that BD is a more likely winner than someone else.  That's my thinking anyway.

• Like 4

I would normally say Blue Devils for many of the reasons already said, but I have a good feeling about SCV this year.

I heard the music that was posted on Soundcloud.  If their visual and GE ultimately match the thrill and WOW factor of that brass and percussion book, then I'll take the Blue Devils over the field.  

• Like 1

I always pick the Blue Devils to win. Year in year out, it is my most consistent correctly predicted finals position. I don't even worry about show theme or source music.