Oil Can Security

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is it possible to ignore a poster on here?

Yes. I've never done this, but it looks pretty straightforward: click on your name at the upper right corner of the page, then select "account settings". That will bring you to a page which on the right side has an "ignored users" option. Choose that, and it looks like you just enter the name of the person whose posts you don't want to see.

• Like 2

Just now, garfield said:

Is LOS posted "No handguns allowed"?

It may not have to be if there is a state statute on large gather places like sporting events (I'm not sure that there is, but some states do have this).  Not that anyone would be aware of that without looking it up... but...

And not that a posting actually does anything to make a space safer (or less safe)... etc.

I'm sure you know all of the angles of that debate.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

This thread is not Fear Mongering or any form of Hyperbolic Paranoia of staying home from concerts or asking DCI to spend millions of dollars on security measures that some are attempting to make it out to be.   This thread is merely one which is rightfully indicating to us that we should not become complacent as it applies to our own personal awareness and observation of those who are out there that desire to do us harm; whether that be at a concert or walking along a sidewalk. This thread is Garbage? Try telling that to the families of those who were murdered at places like Manchester, Pulse, Bataclan, along with the families of a multitude of others who were murdered not only by terrorist activities but armed robberies, muggings, rapes, car-jackings, etc… 

Thank you Stu. I didn't expect all would get it. There is no class to attend or pill that one can take to fix ignorance. I think I'll go take out the garbage now. 

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes. I've never done this, but it looks pretty straightforward: click on your name at the upper right corner of the page, then select "account settings". That will bring you to a page which on the right side has an "ignored users" option. Choose that, and it looks like you just enter the name of the person whose posts you don't want to see.

Thank you N.E. Brigand. It worked wonderfully for me. Kinda like the block feather on FB. 

Edited by Poppycock

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Is LOS posted "No handguns allowed"?

Disclaimer up front: I am not an Attorney nor is anything I post to be considered as any form of legal authority or advice. That stated for the record, I just read through the Indiana State Statue Codes as well as info on two apps which keep updated information.. According to all that I read there appears to be nothing in the Indiana Statute Codes to prohibit carrying at any non-scholastic sponsored event at LOS, and apparently even if there are signs posted at LOS there is no Law enacted to enforce the signs.  (If I am wrong on this someone please correct me).

Edited by Stu
Added disclamer and requested correction of I read Statute Codes wrong

I have much greater fear of sitting near people who buy and eat nachos or chili dogs than potential terrorism or other violence. Could LOS screen for nacho-eating fans at doors?

Just kidding. :lle:

Sort of. :whistle: