Opening Night!

No one else started one......

We are just a little over a week away from opening night.  This is the first time that I won't make it to the theater since I have to play my own gig that night.

It is also unfortunate that we won't be able to see it any other time than "live" in the theaters.:grrr:

I will have to live vicariously through all of you. So, I will be tracking the comments here on DCP between sets at my gig.  A few questions to start the conversation........

Where are you going to see it?  :peek:

Which corps intrigues you the most?:babies:

Are you going with a group?       :grouphug:

Teachers, are you getting your band students together to see this in the theater?  :grouphug:

Here's to a wonderful kick-off and an amazing season.:guinesssmilie:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

I, too, will miss it. I will be Terlingua, TX, and they are a bit shy of movie theaters.

I'm looking forward to both the Bluecoats and Academy.  I will see both of them later in the season as our summer trip overlaps that of the Bluecoats in Wausau, Minneapolis and Rochester.

Best wishes to the all the Corps in the 2017 Season.

I will be in Lucas Oil Stadium, watching my son march his first DCI show ( he has two years of DCA with Atlanta CV under his belt) . 
I'm looking most forward to Cavaliers, because that's the uniform he'll have on! 
Traveling alone, as my elderly mother in law is flying in the day before to spend time with my wife. ( they will see it in the theater) 
Best wishes to all the corps, staff, volunteers, and fans this season! 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I will be in Lucas Oil Stadium, watching my son march his first DCI show ( he has two years of DCA with Atlanta CV under his belt) . 
I'm looking most forward to Cavaliers, because that's the uniform he'll have on! 
Traveling alone, as my elderly mother in law is flying in the day before to spend time with my wife. ( they will see it in the theater) 
Best wishes to all the corps, staff, volunteers, and fans this season! 

There is nothing better than watching your son or daughter live out their dream.  Speaking as an FMM with Cavaliers, you have every right to be proud of what he is doing.

• Like 3

Lucas Oil Stadium! 

I'd say everyone has me intrigued but I'm most excited (anxious?) to see Cadets.

I'm going alone as this is a stopover on a trip to Omaha for a wedding (DCI, WGI, marching band family).

I'm going to attempt to avoid any and all Spring Training videos or streaming in order to optimize that first live viewing experience, but I don't know if I have the strength to resist! 

8 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

I'm going to attempt to avoid any and all Spring Training videos or streaming in order to optimize that first live viewing experience, but I don't know if I have the strength to resist! 

Be STRONG!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Be STRONG!

All the video at our fingertips is like crack. 

Sadly, I won't be able to go to my local theatre. I have a rehearsal that was scheduled during the exact time most of the corps will be performing. I hope to catch some Periscope recordings that evening and/or the next morning!