Opening Night!

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Agree. It should not be close. Not sure what the judges will say, but I don't think Cavaliers are within 3 points of Crown. I do like both shows, but Crown's is much more appealing to me. I feel the music develops better, even with the change in styles midway through the show.

Oh ok. That makes it ok then. 

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Fair point. Time will tell.  I don't care for it myself.  But otherwise the corps is awesome and performs at a super high level. 

My larger fear is that someone is going to get hurt on those stages. Love the effect, but I saw three people fall tonight. 

• Like 2

This is coming from someone who was at the Blue Devils Family Day, but a huge Bluecoats fan.

This is a Blue Devils year hands down.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

In the theater the Bluecoats' Ballad did not work from an effects perspective. I assume it will be good in person though.

• Like 3

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

My larger fear is that someone is going to get hurt on those stages. Love the effect, but I saw three people fall tonight. 

It rained on them right before they brought everything inside.

• Like 1

I want to see a lot more clarity out of Bloo. I actually quite enjoy the entire show, but there are a lot of times where I can't even make anything out musically because of all the layers competing with each other at practically the same dynamic level. The front ensemble writing was also FAR too dense in the opening to Grow Till Tall. The appeal of that song is in its simplicity and build, and there's far too much layered in the beginning before they just smack us over the head with the punchline. Needs some 2014 ballad finesse in the arrangement. 

I can see myself falling more in love with this show as the season progresses. Just needs some fine tuning!

As for others, I quite enjoy Crown and actually REALLY enjoy the vocalist! Lots of work to come in the Akiho piece, I'm sure. Classiest uniform this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Is anyone concerned about this?  I'm not trying to be a prude...but we do have minors in the activity...and I'm sure even ...I know sex sells, but I didn't come to watch a lust filled cabaret.  These women are fairly young.  Am I crazy, or are the dad's of these girls cool with this? 

This happened in 1987, nothing new in drum corps. Sex Cymbals

<media>CA_Anaheim_Velvet_Knights_1987_09__.jpg