Opening Night!

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Stop with the facts 

You are having a different conversation than the one that I was addressing.  Again... the suggestion by someone else (as you are repeating) was that the scores may be inflated or that the scores will be extremely high in the end.  I am simply saying that neither of those things need be true at all.  I am saying that corps are more prepared than they have ever been.  The idea that scores might be inflated through slotting isn't a fact at all... it's just a theory on numbers management.  If the scores tomorrow night are in the same range on the west coast, then it stands to reason that the corps are just starting the season more polished than they used to (and I bet the farm that this is true).

7 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Cadets is my favorite show. Cavies and Bluecoats were vulgar. Bad vibes. Costume for Crown's singer is a crime. All shows are so formulaic musically and visually. Unlike I think drum corps should be weirder, but in less stupid ways. More on that thought later.

OH! The Crossmen sounded really good! Yay go Crossmen I liked the big drill and your brass is good. :)

Vulgar?  Ha!  That's funny right there.

• Like 4

Nevermind. Guess I need to go back to elementary school haha

Edited by Brass Lover

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

You are having a different conversation than the one that I was addressing.  Again... the suggestion by someone else (as you are repeating) was that the scores may be inflated or that the scores will be extremely high in the end.  I am simply saying that neither of those things need be true at all.  I am saying that corps are more prepared than they have ever been.  The idea that scores might be inflated through slotting isn't a fact at all... it's just a theory on numbers management.  If the scores tomorrow night are in the same range on the west coast, then it stands to reason that the corps are just starting the season more polished than they used to (and I bet the farm that this is true).

This is a really dumb conversation and I really don't know why you're arguing this so hard. 

You believe corps are unusually prepared this year. Others don't. Done.

Just now, henry7184 said:

You have to divide the total visual and music scores by 2.

I was, but I was getting 20.85 as Bloos visual score for some reason. Not sure what my brain thought there :bored:

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

The thing that stands out to me that deserves discussion is how do you take a show like the Bluecoats and compare it to a show lik Crown, and give either of them numbers. To me they're such different monsters. 

Yeah, it's sure hard to be a judge today.