Hawthorne Caballeros Proud To Announce 2017 Drum Corps Grand Prix

The Hawthorne Caballeros are proud to host the 53rd Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix at Clifton Stadium! This storied drum corps show will be special as the Hawthorne Caballeros will be dedicating this year’s competition to George Hayek, the last member of the original 1946 Hawthorne Caballeros to pass. Date: July 8th, 2017 Location: Clifton […]

View the full article

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Only 4 days to go!

• Like 1

Due to a previous appointment, we will be in Clifton for the Grand Prix Show, very early in the afternoon, by about 2:00 PM.  Can someone tell me if we will be able to watch the Caballeros practice and where that practice will take place?  I know that the corp welcomes anyone to visit practice sites, we were in Hudson a few weeks ago and spent Sunday at the community college, even thought we attend the Grand Prix every year, we are not very familiar with Clifton, so any help with directions is appreciated... we know how to get to the stadium.

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, RickiJay said:

Due to a previous appointment, we will be in Clifton for the Grand Prix Show, very early in the afternoon, by about 2:00 PM.  Can someone tell me if we will be able to watch the Caballeros practice and where that practice will take place?  I know that the corp welcomes anyone to visit practice sites, we were in Hudson a few weeks ago and spent Sunday at the community college, even thought we attend the Grand Prix every year, we are not very familiar with Clifton, so any help with directions is appreciated... we know how to get to the stadium.

Thanks for your help.

Cabs will be practicing at the show site (Clifton Stadium). 

The stadium is right off Route 46 in Clifton.

For your GPS the address is 350 Piaget Ave. Clifton, NJ.

We will be in Clifton in about 2 hours, does anyone know if there are any GOOD seats left?

I went to Facebook and it says there to call Al Katz, I tried the number that is on  the site, but it goes to an answering machine.

If I don't hear from anyone in a while, maybe we will go over to the stadium and take our chances.  Thanks a lot.

GO CABALLEROS

Those are some very interesting scores.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Those are some very interesting scores.

In terms of some of the spreads and relationships widening?

Or, some of the numbers on the recaps? Bush seems to have made some solid improvements, for example.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1