Staffers - Note About This Season SynthBass/goo

Hello All,

So we are almost exactly one week from the opening show of the 2017 DCI season.  Seems there are quite a few changes in the works be it staff, uniforms, corps now in world class...etc.

So, here is a request for the staffers, instructors, creators and designers.   How bout keeping the BASS SYNTH parts (goo) to an absolute bare minimum in 2017?  I know it's nearly impossible for you to give up all this so at the very least....drop the volume to 'Near' zero.   Like teenagers in on their fathers stereo and can't control themselves.  Maybe better illustrated in actual video/audio.   see below (I did not post video )

From 9:10 - 9:34

play from 9:10 to 9:34

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bruckner8 said:

As long as tubas can still be heard, bring on the goo! When tubas are covered, severe point penalties should result. 

Yyyeeah....fine for a full sized corps....not so much for a corps with 2 or 3 weak players....then you're not fooling anyone.

9 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Hello All,

So we are almost exactly one week from the opening show of the 2017 DCI season.  Seems there are quite a few changes in the works be it staff, uniforms, corps now in world class...etc.

So, here is a request for the staffers, instructors, creators and designers.   How bout keeping the BASS SYNTH parts (goo) to an absolute bare minimum in 2017?  I know it's nearly impossible for you to give up all this so at the very least....drop the volume to 'Near' zero.   Like teenagers in on their fathers stereo and can't control themselves.  Maybe better illustrated in actual video/audio.   see below (I did not post video )

From 9:10 - 9:34

play from 9:10 to 9:34

How about using plain ole loud speakers instead of a sub when you listen?

that is why it sounds like goo.

But.....Bluecoats did it, therefore all the lemmings must follow along

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lance said:

might as well ask corps to back to g horns

Is my request that severe? Maybe I am in the minority thinking that the bass part/goo sounds more like feedback than something musical.

• Like 2