Favorite Closer?

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I know it's a lot, but I'm being serious when I say that there have been so many good ones in history. And I missed several more (especially ones from way back in the early days of the activity) because I've only been extensively following DCI since the 2012 season, and because my eyes were getting tired and I already had listed many great ones.

Do you think anybody disagrees that there have been so many good closers?  But the point and what makes it fun is to force yourself to list just that one. At least that's what I thought the point was anyway. Otherwise I could list a hundred. 

The one that is my favorite is the one I wish I could have seen live- and that is the 1988 Blue Devils closer. 

1. Crowd Accessible/ The tag at the end-( I would have been clapping to the beat in Arrowhead with the crowd too).

2.  The two soprano players playing the corps off the field. I love a good tag line to play a corps off the field, (SCV and Cadets over the years). But doing it to jazz to end a entertaining show even better.   Madison did this a few years ago at the end of their Don Ellis show, and I loved it. More please.  

3.  Perfect ending piece for that show. That show, in my opinion, is one of the most entertaining  in DCI history. 

• Like 1

All mine are early 80s.....

27th - Danny Boy, Madison - Through the Eyes of Love, Spirit - Let it be Me, BD - Dindi

1980 was a great year for closers 

• Like 2

Madison Scouts closer in 2011..Their tribute to New York on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11..WOW! ..Much appreciated by this native New Yorker