What is your single favorite show from each year of the last ten years of DCI?

2007 - Bluecoats Criminal show. Loved this show and Bloo was running top 4 all season. Even won high brass at quarterfinals. Sadly they just couldn't clean the feet and it cost them.  Carolina Crown's Triple Crown show was a beast, and much love to The Cadets who likely would have won the title with less narration. That was one killer performance ensemble (brass, drums, guard, marching). 

2008 - Phantom Regiment: I feel this is one of the top 8  or so all-time great shows ever. Truly remarkable.  Carolina Crown was a close second that year.

2009 - Santa Clara Vanguard: Ballet for Martha was so subtle, artistic, and wonderfully performed that no other show really grabbed me the way SCV did. A close second was The Colts Fathoms show. They took 13th but they tore the house down at semi-finals and I thought they belonged in Finals. 

2010 - The Madison Scouts doing Slaughter on 10th Ave and Rhapsody in Blue. Fantastic show, showmanship, and huge crowd response at Finals.  A close second goes to Blue Knights' Europa show with Farandole and Nimrod, among others.  

2011 - The Cadets Angles & Demons show was stellar in design, performance, and uplifting. A true classic!  A close second goes to the Blue Devils. I absolutely loved BD's music that year. 

2012 - Phantom Regiment's opera show Turandot was WOW! Loved it.  A close second to Madison Scouts and their Reframed show.  By Finals this was polished up and performed to big audience response.

2013 - Carolina Crown: When I saw them I just had a feeling that was their year. What a show, sound, and the uniform was very cool.  A close second goes to The Cadets Side by Side show for their sheer musical monstrosity that year. Percussion and brass were beasts and I love that music.  Still one of the better audio recordings of a drum corps to listen to. 

2014 - In the end it was Carolina Crown's Out of This World show that did it for me. The brass, the guard...and I loved the drill. A very close second goes to the Bluecoats Tilt show which turned the activity on its' ear that summer.  I must also mention a 3rd show, The Cavaliers Immortal show.  For a corps that started slow, this show ultimately took 6th and was a huge hit with the audience at Finals.

2015 - without a doubt it was the Blue Devils. INK was one of the most creative shows I've seen. BD had to make many changes, but by season's end Concord had a total package.  A close second that year was Troopers' Wild Horses show.  I liked Crown and Cadets music, but both shows had flaws that simply did not get sorted out. Bluecoats were highly creative but the ending fell flat to me.  

2016 - A special year. One that I must pick more than one corps.  Favorites: Bluecoats Down Side Up and Carolina Crown's Relentless.  Runners up: Santa Clara Vanguard's Force of Nature and Academy's Drum Corpse Bride.  All four of these shows are some of my favorites all time.  2016 was a great year for DCI.  Loved BD too.

• Like 4

2007 - Cadets

2008 - Regiment

2009 - Crown

2010 - Cavaliers (fantastic program)

2011 - Cadets

2012 - BD

2013 - Cadets (musically mostly pushed it over the top for me, then BD, then Crown)

2014 - BD (slam dunk)

2015 - Bluecoats (loved this show but never got the love from the judges or crowd compared to tilt and splip and slides)

2016 - BD

2017 - everyone I've seen so far!

• Like 2

I can't quite go back ten years - but close.  Here goes.

2016 - Bloo/Downside Up

(Honorable Mention:  SCV/Force Of Nature)

2015 - Crown/Inferno

2014 - Bloo/Tilt

2013 - SCV/Les Miserables

(tough choice between this and Crown/E=MC2 - going with what entertained me the most, personally)

2012 - Crown/For The Common Good

(loved loved LOVED this show)

2011 - Cadets/Between Angels & Demons

and... skipping back to...

2008 - PR/Spartacus

Edited by luv4corps

2007 - Blue Devils - Winged Victory (runner-up:  Phantom Regiment - On Air)
2008 - Phantom Regiment - Spartacus (runner up:  Cavaliers - Samurai)
2009 - Carolina Crown - The Grass is Always Greener (runner-up:  Cadets - West Side Story)
2010 - Blue Stars - Houdini (runner-up:  Bluecoats - Metropolis)
2011 - Cadets - Between Angels & Demons (runner-up:  Spirit of Atlanta - ATL Confidential)
2012 - Boston Crusaders - The Titans (runner-up:  Phantom Regiment - Turandot)
2013 - Santa Clara Vanguard - Les Miserables (runner-up:  Carolina Crown - E=mc2)
2014 - Bluecoats - Tilt (runner-up:  Cavaliers - Immortal)
2015 - Blue Knights - Because (runner-up:  Carolina Crown - Inferno)
2016 - The Academy - Drum Corpse Bride (runner-up:  Bluecoats - Down Side Up)

• Like 2

2016 - Bluecoats

2015 - Carolina Crown, grows on me more and more each year

2014 - Blue Devils, then Bluecoats, but have to mention Blue Knights here (tears, what a show)

2013 - Carolina Crown

2012 - Blue Devils

2011 - The Cadets

2010 - Blue Devils, although Blue Stars are a close second

2009 - Blue Devils

2008 - Phantom Regiment

2007 - Phantom Regiment, that wedge kick ending omg

I'm adding "outside the top 6" to make my list

2007: Blue Knights, Dark Dances

2008:Blue Stars, Le Tour

2009: Troopers, Western Side Story

2010: SCV, Bartok

2011: Spirit, ATL Confidential

2012: Madison Scouts, Reframed

2013: Blue Stars, Vodoo: I Put a Spell on You

2014: Blue Knights, That One Second

2015: Madison Scouts, 78th and Madison

2016: The Academy, Drum Corpse Bride

AND THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR: MY FAVORITE SHOW OF 2017* EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY SEEN OR HEARD A COMPLETE PRODUCT FROM ANY CORPS.......

The Bluecoats

*obviously not talking outside the top 6 with this one

• Like 1

2007 - PR, On Air

2008 - Spartacus 

2009 - SCV, Ballet for Martha

2010 - SCV, Bartok

2011- Cavaliers, XtraordinarY

2012 - Cadets 12.25 yeah that's right I loved it!

2013 - Do you love me, John

2014 - BD

2015 - Carolina Crown, Inferno

2016 - Bluecoats 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

2007 - PR, On Air

2008 - Spartacus 

2009 - SCV, Ballet for Martha

2010 - SCV, Bartok

2011- Cavaliers, XtraordinarY

2012 - Cadets 12.25 yeah that's right I loved it!

2013 - Do you love me, John

2014 - BD

2015 - Carolina Crown, Inferno

2016 - Bluecoats 

No shame in loving Cadets 2012, it was ####### awesome

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Mine are

Not really reflected below very well but I would say Crown, Phantom and Madison have been the corps that I have enjoyed the most in the last decade or so (I am a music guy).

2016: The Academy (Drum Corpse Bride)

2015: Madison Scouts (78th and Madison)

2014: Bluecoats (Tilt)

2013: Santa Clara (Les Mis)

2012: Cadets (12.25)

2011: Phantom Regiment (Juliet)

2010: Madison Scouts

2009: Blue Stars (The Factory)

2008: Carolina Crown (Finis)

2007: Carolina Crown (Triple Crown)

• Like 1