What is your single favorite show from each year of the last ten years of DCI?

Just now, MidWAmericanArts said:

I loved 2016 as a whole, but didn't have any show that complete just blew me away. Lots of really good shows, but not really any that I thought were nearly flawless.

I loved it.......4 shows REALLY stuck out to me.  

• Bluecoats blew me away live and I just had a blast watching their show.  Felt like a rock concert live.  
  • I thought Santa Clara Vanguard was just downright gorgeous in every way, that was a show I could just sit back and take in without having to think a ton.  
  • I know this wasn't the cleanest Cavaliers show ever but watching that show up close and personal a few rows up and right behind the DMs in Denton last summer was about the most entertaining thing I've ever sat through.  The performers during that show were an absolute blast to watch and it was just so much fun as a show.
  • And The Academy.......just good old fashioned drum corps.  Told a beautiful story set against a beautiful backdrop that the members just brought to life in such a fun and mature way.  That closer still makes me emotional.  

That's just my opinion though.  I had a blast last year.  :)

• Like 2

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I loved it.......4 shows REALLY stuck out to me.  

• Bluecoats blew me away live and I just had a blast watching their show.  Felt like a rock concert live.  
  • I thought Santa Clara Vanguard was just downright gorgeous in every way, that was a show I could just sit back and take in without having to think a ton.  
  • I know this wasn't the cleanest Cavaliers show ever but watching that show up close and personal a few rows up and right behind the DMs in Denton last summer was about the most entertaining thing I've ever sat through.  The performers during that show were an absolute blast to watch and it was just so much fun as a show.
  • And The Academy.......just good old fashioned drum corps.  Told a beautiful story set against a beautiful backdrop that the members just brought to life in such a fun and mature way.  That closer still makes me emotional.  

That's just my opinion though.  I had a blast last year.  :)

I loved all 4 of those shows. However, each year usually has a show or two that just blow me away. BD 2014 and BK 2014 were good examples. I thought Academy was really fun, Cavaliers were a blast, SCV was gorgeous, and Bluecoats were energized.

Honestly, if Bluecoats had a clean run, they might have done it for me, but it just wasn't a clean show. Now, I can't imagine cleaning some of those moments, but it really took away from the effect.

Just my opinion as well! I'm glad you had a better experience than I!

• Like 2

2016 - Bluecoats (Downside Up)

2015 - Troopers (Wild Horses)

2014 - Blue Knights (That One Second)

2013 - Carolina Crown (E=mc2)

2012 - Crossmen (Fragile)

2011 - The Cadets (Between Angels and Demons)

2010 - Phantom Regiment (Into the Light)

2009 - Santa Clara Vanguard (Ballet for Martha)

2008 - Phantom Regiment (Spartacus)

2007 - Carolina Crown (Triple Crown)

• Like 2

2007 The Cadets: It was such a different sound while also being familiar enough to not feel different. And I loved every second of it.

2008 The Cavaliers: Samurai was BANANAS. Machine introduced me to DCI, Samurai got me hooked, and this is easily one of my top five of all time favorites.

2009 Bluecoats: This is such a fun show to watch and listen to.

2010 The Cavaliers: Just so much pure adrenaline and power and insanity with the drill and the music. Epic.

2011 Phantom Regiment: Such a gorgeous show from top to bottom. Plus that closer is one of my favorites of all time.

2012 Crossmen: Opener. Need I say more?

2013 Santa Clara Vanguard: Such a classy and well-rounded show that is so easy to get into and stay hooked on.

2014 Boston Crusaders: You felt the anger and aggression and passion they were conveying, and they did it so well.

2015 Bluecoats: Such a different show, but it worked so well for them, I love this show for being what it is.

2016 The Cavaliers: The show that signified the Green Machine had returned. It was in-your-face, unapologetic, and yet so entrancing and powerful. Loved it.

• Like 2

2016 Bluecoats

2015 Blue Knights

2014 Blue Devils

2013 Carolina Crown

2012 Blue Devils

2011 Cavaliers

2010 Cavaliers

2009 Santa Clara Vanguard

2008 Cavaliers

2007 Carolina Crown

• Like 1

2016 - Bluecoats - Down Side Up

2015 - Carolina Crown - Inferno

2014 - Blue Devils - Felliniesque

2013 - Crossmen - Protest

2012 - Phantom Regiment - Turandot

2011 - Cadets - Between Angels and Demons

2010 - Phantom Regiment - Into the Light

2009 - Blue Devils - 1930

2008 - Phantom Regiment - Spartacus

2007 - Phantom Regiment - On Air 

2007 - Crown

2008 - Phantom

2009 - BD

2010 - Cavies 

2011 - (this is hard - can't decide) Phantom/Cadets/Cavies/Crown

2012 - SCV

2013 - Bluecoats

2014 - B/uecoats

2015 - Crown/BD... can't choose on that one either.

2016 - Cavaliers/Bluecoats 

2007- Cadets

2008- Phantom Regiment

2009-Cadets

2010- Bluecoats

2011- Madison Scouts

2012- Madison Scouts

2013- Santa Clara Vanguard

2014- Boston Crusaders

2015- Bluecoats

2016- The Academy

2007/Phantom (On Air)