What is your single favorite show from each year of the last ten years of DCI?

Just for a little fun... from the 32 responses so far on this thread (excluding ones that did not pick a single corps in a given year), here are our medal winners

2007: Phantom Regiment (10 votes), Cadets (7 votes), Crown (6 votes)
2008: Phantom Regiment (16), Crown (5), Cavaliers (4)
2009: Blue Devils (9), Vanguard (8), Crown (7)
2010: Cavaliers (10), Phantom Regiment (7), Blue Devils (3)
2011: Cadets (14), Phantom (6), Cavaliers (4)
2012: Blue Devils (11), Crossmen/Scouts/Vanguard/Cadets/Phantom Regiment (3)
2013: Crown (13), Vanguard (8), Cadets (3)
2014: Blue Devils/Bluecoats (11), Blue Knights (3)
2015: Blue Devils (9), Crown/Bluecoats (7)
2016: Bluecoats (12), Academy (5), Blue Devils/Cavaliers (4)

And our decade-long medal winners...
Bronze: Carolina Crown 2013, e=mc2 (13 votes)
Silver: The Cadets 2011, Between Angels and Demons (14 votes)
Gold: Phantom Regiment 2008, Spartacus (16 votes)

Edited by ShortAndFast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

2016 - Crown
2015 - Crown
2014 - Bluecoats
2013 - Santa Clara V
2012 - Madison
2011 - Phantom (Yes, the closer.)
2010 - Cavies
2009 - Santa Clara V
2008 - Phantom (Crowd roar could be heard al over Bloomington.)
2007 - Phantom

Yes, I have a Blue Devils problem. I don't want to have it, but I do. It persists year after year. Maybe this year it will subside (if those steps don't seem too much like an obvious, too-soon, copy-paste of Bluecoats' ramps).

Except they are way more effective...and if anything they are copying themselves:

Image result for ink 2015 props quad player fall

You better fix your Blue Devils problem, otherwise the next 17 championships are gonna get pretty annoying for you.  Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step to recovery;)  Just gotta watch the right BD shows.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Except they are way more effective...and if anything they are copying themselves:

You better fix your Blue Devils problem, otherwise the next 17 championships are gonna get pretty annoying for you.  Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step to recovery;)  Just gotta watch the right BD shows.

I wouldn't say they're way more effective.......or at least not yet.  

:P

Not everyone is gonna like every corps/show, people have styles/types that they like and that's okay.  I can't say Blue Devils are what I honestly enjoy but I still respect the absolute crap out of them just because of how professionally their shows are constructed, are performed, and they sell themselves as.  Sometimes I do though and when I do it's MAGICAL (2014).  I have said this a billion times on Reddit/DCP lately but if we all liked/appreciated the same shows they'd all be designed the same way and boy would it be boring.  Thankfully there is something for everyone out there.  Like jazz influence?  BD is your corps.  Like contemporary music that grooves?  Bluecoats are your guy.  Like classical (well more like a mix of Romantic/Classical/20th blah blah blah)?  Phantom Regiment is for you.  Like a totally eclectic mix of EVERYTHING from U2 to Elgar?  Oregon Crusaders got your back.  

This thread is fun, you can tell what kinds of shows the different posters enjoy.  Cool to see who I agree with and interesting to see someone with COMPLETELY different picks and think about what they must like.  

(not trying to rag on you just fun to discuss everyone's tastes).  

:)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

2007- Carolina Crown- extremely fun show. Runner up: the cadets.

2008- Phantom Regiment- Spartacus is a very special well planned and executed show. Runner up Carolina Crown- Finis was a big bold show that demonstrated crown is serious and here to stay. Shout out to bluecoats emotional performance of the boxer.

2009- Carolina Crown- not their best show but I didn't like a lot from 2009

2010- Cavaliers Mad World. I love this show and can't get enough of it. My favorite Cavaliers show ever. 

2011- cadets- fun, well executed show with great programming. 

2012- Carolina Crown - for the common good.  Saw this show live at finals and has absolutely amazed. Such a clean fantastic performance full of top notch brass. Runner up: spirit of Atlanta...love the down n dirty jazz

2013- Crown gets it again with an intellectual program and world class brass. Runner up the bluecoats with a nice American show.

2014- Blue Knights- that one second...such a beautiful, contemplative tear jerker. Also loved bluecoats and SCV. Tilt was a fun to watch well planned show and SCV just had a classy, killer performance.

2015- Carolina Crown- inferno because it was a beast of a show live.  This is probably my favorite year of the past 10 and I find myself watching Kinetic Noise and Spark of Invention over and over again. Kinetic Noise is so refreshing, complicated and different, and Spark of Invention is so refined and classy. Put either of those 2 shows in another year and it would have been my favorite. 3 of my favorite all time shows

2016- Bluecoats-downside up... great fun, upbeat jazzy show...I honestly liked Kinetic Noise better though. Runner up: the Crossmen...loved last years show. Honorable mentions for BK and the Academy.

2017- yet to see anything live but I am between SCV and Bluecoats for my fav. Really liking what Boston and BK are doing too.

Edited by ThePlanets

2016 - Bluecoats

2015 - Crown

2014 - Bluecoats

2013 - Crown

2012 - Crown

2011 - Crown was my favorite just from a fun standpoint. But this was also my favorite Cadets show in a while.

2010 - Cavaliers

2009 - Crown

2008 - Phantom

2007 - Crown

• Like 1

So I have noticed on this thread and other threads where we are asked to give our favorite shows, BD is getting a lot of love. Especially on this thread with their 2009-2013 shows. That was when BD was really getting trashed on DCP. Interesting. But cool to see people giving BD some props instead of dragging them thru the mud.

2016 - Santa Clara Vanguard

2015 - Carolina Crown

2014 - Bluecoats

2013 - Carolina Crown

2012 - Carolina Crown

2011 - Cadets

2010 - Carolina Crown

2009 - Carolina Crown

2008 - Carolina Crown

2007 - Phantom Regiment

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

I tuned out for a few years, so there's some blanks.

2007: Phantom

2008: Blue Devils

2009: Santa Clara

2010: 

2011: Cadets

2012: 

2013:

2014: Bluecoats

2015: Blue Knights

2016: Bluecoats

2017: Blue Devils (but the jury's still out)

2014 was the most difficult one for me.  I enjoyed the Coats, BK and Blue Stars equally that year, but feel like I've listened to the Coats more than the others.

2016 - Blue Devils, As Dreams are Made On

2015 - Bluecoats, Kinetic Noise

2014 - Bluecoats, Tilt

2013 - Crown, E=mc2

2012 - BD, Cabaret Voltaire

2011 - Crown, Rach Star

2010 - Phantom Regiment, Into the Light

2009 - SCV, Ballet for Martha

2008 - Crossmen, Planet X (enjoyed more than any finalist corps)

2007 - Phantom Regiment, On Air

• Like 1