DCI Spring Training Finale Thread!

I'm glad I got to see something - that first impact had me fangirling. Only two days until we get to see the rest!

wow - I think they pushed it a little too close with pending lightening. Hope everyone gets in out of the open safely!

So - Cavaliers look fantastic with what should be a very strong program this year. I'd currently put them on par with Crown. Cavaliers show structure gives them plenty of space for any adjustments and I'm sure a bunch of layering is also planned. That looks like a top 4 program to me - but it will get very "crowded" at the top this year from everything we are seeing & hearing. 

I also saw the Cadets run tonight - they are cleaning quickly and improved from the night prior but Cavaliers program is more complete and clean at this time. I'd put them a competitive level (ie: 3 points) ahead of Cadets right  now. Crown probably close to Cavaliers and we'll have to see where Coats fit in (#1?) on Thursday

The season is really rolling out to be a strong one. Better than last year? At this early juncture I'd say YES - so far I've seen 8 corps complete programs and 7 of the 8 I would say are improved over 2016!

• Like 5

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Spinning. Quads. 

Now make those spinning quads upside down, and we're in business.

10 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

Cavaliers, specifically Mike MacIntosh, have been on the forefront of electronics integration since before Bluecoats plugged in their first speaker :)

I seem to remember Cavaliers indicating that they were going unplugged in 2004, the first year amps were allowed, but then they changed their minds, with their director explaining they didn't want to have their "hands tied behind their backs" or some such remark.

That said, I don't remember if Bluecoats used amplification that year.

3 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

If this is where BS and Cavies are in mid June, this is going to be one hell of a season.

Well said.

What a let down for cavies to have to end like that.  Drum corps season has begun in all its glory.

Well, at least they can say they went out with a bang!

Edited by luv4corps

Blue Stars looked and sounded GREAT!! for this time of year... horns sounded cleaner and more full than cavies in many places.   I  would not be surprised if they take horns over cavies.  I cant wait until August.  Good Job Blue Stars!!!!!!  Guard is also talented, looked good even though the wind got the best of them in spots.

• Like 1

Cavies - so...much...running...and electronics...and running....and visual....could the horn line play a LITTLE more? Please?

• Like 3