DCI Spring Training Finale Thread!

Well, I got a phone call and thought I could pause Cavaliers and pick it up.  Instead, I GOT NOTHING after I clicked PLAY

Last year's streaming let you join in the middle and go back to things you missed if you wanted to and, then, flip forward to Live.  This service is not geared to people with jobs that don't allow them to start from the beginning.  I do not like it.

I saw about a minute of the Cavaliers and that was it.

Not sure if this is worth subscribing to if it doesn't fit my needs.  Others may praise the sound quality.  What's important to me is the rewinde capability, particularly when we get to the shows with lots of corps competing.  

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Well, quite a bit of improvement since Thursday. I was wondering how you all were going to react to the singing in My Way/Reprise part of the show.

I'm a crown fan so I'm refraining from talking about singing for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin. said:

I'm a crown fan so I'm refraining from talking about singing for the rest of the season. 

Smart ;-)

• Like 1

Just now, Fred Windish said:

Fingers crossed!

...you mean Star Crossed?

Ummm.  Comparing the two corps.

Both drumlines are pretty comparable.  Solid staff on both ends.

Design was CLEARLY better on Cavies side.  Blue Stars need to work on transitions.

Brass was cleaner (and seemed louder?) from Blue Stars, it was a far easier brass book than Cavies though.

Visual demand actually seemed stronger out of Blue Stars...call me crazy.  execution was better out of Blue Stars.

Guard was better out of Cavies.

• Like 1

I predicted in another thread that Cavies will win on the 22nd. After seeing how clean they are this early, I'm more secure with my prediction. #goCavies out of the gate...

Edited by 1corpsfan

o superman was awesome, wish I could've seen more. Whole show doesn't click yet, but I hated 2016 Bluecoats at first and now look like an idiot. Stinks that storm came out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

...you mean Star Crossed?

Ummm.  Comparing the two corps.

Both drumlines are pretty comparable.  Solid staff on both ends.

Design was CLEARLY better on Cavies side.  Blue Stars need to work on transitions.

Brass was cleaner (and seemed louder?) from Blue Stars, it was a far easier brass book than Cavies though.

Visual demand actually seemed stronger out of Blue Stars...call me crazy.  execution was better out of Blue Stars.

Guard was better out of Cavies.

/snark

They played enough for you to be able to tell? :whistle:

/snark

• Like 1

Storm was coming on the radar all night. They could have skipped the trailers and we'd have had the show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

I predicted in another thread that Cavies will win on the 22nd. After seeing how clean they are this early, I'm more secure with my prediction. #goCavies out of the gate...

I don't know that I would call what I saw tonight "clean" from either corps, but thats probably a good thing. Shows that are clean in June tend max out early.