DCI Spring Training Finale Thread!

3 minutes ago, BozzlyB said:

I don't know that I would call what I saw tonight "clean" from either corps, but thats probably a good thing. Shows that are clean in June tend max out early.

See PR 2012...then get back to me...

• Like 4

As far as the FloMarching thing goes, I had mixed results. I'll break it down here, as my setup may be informative.

2009 MacBook Pro 15" 2.66Ghz dual core, 8gb RAM, 256mb dedicated graphics card

Fibre-to-the-Building, with standard copper phone line after that. Nominal 100mbs connection, but VPN slows it to 207us latency and 4mbs download (required for Australia)

Opera as the browser, using the built-in VPN

Final stream size was 1.3gb

I was unable to stream in 720p. However, the audio I received was virtually flawless, and sounded uncompressed. I would say that it is the highest-quality audio stream DCI has ever provided. When video was set in "Auto" quality, the stream was uninterrupted, and would change quality seamlessly, in contrast to last year. My setup is obviously far from optimal, and I would say that if I can get it to work, so can everyone else. Sure, my video quality wasn't great, but the fact that the audio quality remained excellent regardless of the video quality is a huge deal for me (I would rather listen to DCI than watch these days). The streams in 2015 and 2016 would adjust audio quality as well as video if you had a slower speed. I much prefer this.

Worth the investment? I think so. Hopefully the quality remains this high for the rest of the season, but there may be some shows with difficulties (I'm looking at you, DATR).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gak27 said:

/snark

They played enough for you to be able to tell? :whistle:

/snark

touche...what I heard was more difficult.

Edited by BoaDci

Okay. 

Not really sure why they didn't adjust the times based on the storm. Did we really need to hear all the talk????

cavies obviously rushed on the field. You could see it in the guys faces. Didn't even know if performance was going on. Quick check on the electronics led to problems. Sound cutting in and out. 

Weather playing huge issue with sound and performance obviously. Problems were there from the beginning.Not sure how anyone can form a judgement on anything. 

Seeing a show this complex for the first time in multicam makes it really difficult to form any type of opinion. 

What I did see was a great building block of a show.Has the design of a top program.

already laughing at some of the critics on here bashing a brassline that was playing in high winds with rain and lightning.

• Like 1

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Okay. 

Not really sure why they didn't adjust the times based on the storm. Did we really need to hear all the talk????

cavies obviously rushed on the field. You could see it in the guys faces. Didn't even know if performance was going on. Quick check on the electronics led to problems. Sound cutting in and out. 

Weather playing huge issue with sound and performance obviously. Problems were there from the beginning.Not sure how anyone can form a judgement on anything. 

Seeing a show this complex for the first time in multicam makes it really difficult to form any type of opinion. 

What I did see was a great building block of a show.Has the design of a top program.

already laughing at some of the critics on here bashing a brassline that was playing in high winds with rain and lightning.

I think the preemptive bashing of the hornline is because of the previous issues with Cavies hornlines. I'm not making any judgments until I hear them at a couple more shows

41 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

The storm was actually created by the cavies themselves in order to ratchet up the hype for their closer :laughing:.

Yes all the electronics caused massive sparks in the sky that triggered lightening 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yes all the electronics caused massive sparks in the sky that triggered lightening 

Which, when he learned to harness it, man created fire. Then in 1997, the Cavies created Firebird.

• Like 1

Funny...

cavies use electronics = too much

bloo use electronics= the next coming

and before people criticize the amount of time the Cavies play maybe they should watch a few other corps first. the shows I've seen so far seem to follow the schematic.

<I'm sure someone will pull out a stopwatch during the course of the season and be sure to let us know>

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3