Clovis Cauldron

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Hey, us on the west coast suffer more. Sure we get scores earlier, but we have to race home from work (if we can) to stream the shows online. You east coasters get to take your jolly old time. :)

I may or may not have started streams while stuck in rush hour traffic.

• Like 4

A thought, related to the above discussion of east coast vs. west coast streaming/shows:

How hard would it be to move the start time for Indy about an hour earlier...and have a second crew at pick-a-show on the west coast (I'd do Stanford, but that leaves the question of what to do on the weekend) to do the back half of that show after an intermission?

It'd let us see the west coast corps early for once (which we apparently only get to see if someone not at the show we just watched won the previous year, and then we only see the championship run from the previous year). It'd let them work out some kinks with what non-Indy shows will be like. And it'd be a decent place to start grooming the next generation of people--you could have Rondo and Dennis in the booth in Indy, bring their usual local TV news reporter in to do the sidelines, leave Dan on the PA...and then have Will and two more people (e.g. Willie Veenstra, maybe a guard alum--surely someone who's a recent drum corps alum is going into communications/broadcasting as a career and would be interested) handle the same gig at Stanford, likely with Brandt on the PA.

It'd definitely be more of a challenge than they currently have, but it'd be a nice way to let us get a feel for the larger, nationwide start of season, it'd let us get earlier exposure to BD/SCV/whoever-goes-west-that-year, and it'd be a way to start developing new talent (because unfortunately Rondo and DeLucia aren't going to be around forever).

Thoughts?

(H/T: my mom, who suggested this on our post-theater debrief phone call last night.)

Edited by ftwdrummer

Watched a little (the heat people) Phantom practice today. I'm ready for this show tonight. Drove by the stadium and saw BD rehearsing on my way there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

So who is all gonna be there?  

Have fun and I'm looking forward to hearing some thoughts!   And stay cool......

On my way there. The temperature still reads 104 degrees out. I hope I don't have a heat stroke!

I'm being told BK very likely will perform the entire show tonight- GREAT NEWS FOR A GREAT CORPS!!!!

• Like 3

By the way- Anyone scoping tonight?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Watched a little (the heat people) Phantom practice today. I'm ready for this show tonight. Drove by the stadium and saw BD rehearsing on my way there. 

What did you think of Phantom? 

• Like 1