Clovis Cauldron

Just now, Cleveland1 said:

BK top 5 lookout cavies and cadets! 

The GE gap between scv and bd isnt huge. Hopefully this means scv will be in good position to medal this year. Who knows, maybe an upset. 

Based on what I've heard SCV is going full throttle difficulty wise, might take awhile for them to get a hold on the show like BD had right now which is incredibly well performed right now.  

Thats a good video of BD.......I really like some things and other things I'm not so sure on.   Will elaborate more after DCI West.  That's a BEAST corps though.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Why? They beat Regiment both of the last two seasons, and almost in 2014.

I just thought Regiment had a better show from what I saw.

• Like 1

Just now, btown50 said:

I just thought Regiment had a better show from what I saw.

Gotcha. Yes, a lot of people said they were really really good. That doesn't appear to be the case. I will see them at Stanford. Maybe they had a bad run tonight. 

drumcorpsplanet-stats.png

Screen Capture from DCP Stats

4 minutes ago, Cleveland1 said:

The GE gap between scv and bd isnt huge. Hopefully this means scv will be in good position to medal this year. Who knows, maybe an upset. 

Only have to make around 4 points to do that to both corps. I wonder how BK will fare against Boston? I can't wait to see them live!

3 minutes ago, Cleveland1 said:

I find it funny cause if SCV or any corps beat BD by 1.7 points, we would be hyping it up as the beat down of all beat downs. And no i am not hating on SCV. Yes i bleed blue all the way, but i am a Cali kid and i want to see a 1999 all over again with the west coast dominating 1-2. And SCV's opener is sick!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So, having seen nothing, I am going to go ahead and call the season.  SCV will win it all this year.  When they are this close to BD at this point, and nothing offered last night will likely win, it is really open for SCV.   

I would love nothing more than for SCV to win - they are my #1 favorite corps, but I don't know how you can say nothing was offered up last night. Bluecoats are phenomenal. Don't count them out. Their show this year is better than last year, and I am in no way shape or form a Bluecoats fan (although this show may turn me into one).

• Like 3

Just finished watching that BD video. They're hauling it in the first half of the show, lots of traditional drill moments going on, with the second half being more modern BD. 

This is the first BD show where im a bit puzzled on the pacing aspect of the show, but the music is so freaking enjoyable, probably my favorite of the season 

• Like 4

Percussion Scores Ranking so far. Eye Opening.

Vanguard         14.40
Blue Devils      14.20
Cavies             13.60
Blue Knights    13.50
Bluecoats        13.50
Blue Stars       13.30

Crown            13.10
Phantom        13.00
Cadets          12.90
Academy       12.60
Crossmen     12.10
Pacific Crest   11.80