Clovis Cauldron

Also, in looking at the photo John posted, it doesn't look like PC's guard has show flags.  I'm also not sure about guard unis.  Can anyone confirm?

If so, then I would expect the visual and GE scores to get a bump when PC can get everything on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Also, in looking at the photo John posted, it doesn't look like PC's guard has show flags.  I'm also not sure about guard unis.  Can anyone confirm?

If so, then I would expect the visual and GE scores to get a bump when PC can get everything on the field.

Looked like black leotards to me.  Considering their show title and theme I'm expecting some pretty vibrant stuff.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

You have an excellent memory.  According to DCP's Scoring History page, on Jun 24, 2016 (first show of last season for both corps), PC scored 53.70 and Mandarins scored 54.50.  Last night, both scored 60.50.

Nice jump!

Can't really compare scores from different years.

Just now, henry7184 said:

As a whole it seems the scores are about two or so points higher on average than last year out the gate, PC creeping up on opening up 10 points higher and Mandarins close to 7 is pretty cool.  I've heard great things on both this off season so that's  nice to see.  

(I WISH I COULD HEAR ABOUT THEIR SHOWS).  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I was just confirming what @dseftonrecalled. 

For this time of year I've seen some sloppy guard performance at PR, but never anything this bad.  Most of these girls look like they've never had a flag in their hands before.  Is it due to late design changes, lack of talent or lack of instruction.   Isn't the guard supposed to be one of Cartwright's fortes.  The flagwork is, if anything, annoying right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

I was just confirming what @dseftonrecalled. 

Regardless of how scoring changes across the years/shows and what that even means for the future, I am sure the members are happier to start at 60 than low-mid 50's. Not to be snarky but it's  kind of nice to see some of the non finalist corps discussed at on on these threads regardless of score.  Sure the top 12 are all spectacular but the other corps are darn good and they continue to get better every year. I love reading thoughts on BD, SCV, Bloo and Crown, etc.. but I also like to read about what  Pio,Troop, Colts,  Cascades, OC, PC, Mandarins, Jersey Surf, and BDB/SCVC are doing and how the audience likes their shows.  But then again I'm the type that comes for the open class and stays - giving all of the corps love and appreciation.

• Like 3