Rate Your FloMarching First Impression

Rate Your FloMarching First Impression  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Audio Quality

2. 2. Video Quality

3. 3. Overall Impression

Audio great, video no problems (looked fine to me, w/ no trouble). No rewind like last year, which is more of a challenge for people far, far away from the venue. 

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Lol let me know when we find a real life Pied Piper compression algorithm for live streaming

I literally laughed out loud on this statement because "Silicon Valley" is one of my favorite shows!! Bravo!!!!!!

I thought the broadcast was better than expected given previous warnings.  I wish they offered a fire stick app. 

Edited by dsefton
Typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RickCogley said:

Audio great, video no problems (looked fine to me, w/ no trouble). No rewind like last year, which is more of a challenge for people far, far away from the venue. 

Rewind function was very, very important to me last year, particularly for the shows with more corps in them.  I like to see the lower ranked corps and it was nice to save time by joining the stream after they performed, rewinding to watch them, fast forward through INT's and the set-ups and catch up to "live" by the time the top-ranked came on.  It saved a huge amount of time and I didn't have to rush home.

The San Antonio Regional occurs while I am at San Diego Comic Con and I was able to fit watching a few corps of my choosing into my busy schedule.  Now, I can only see the corps that happen to be playing live when I get a break.  IF I even sign up this year.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

Watched via Apple TV on a 55" screen.  Audio was fine, if a little too loud on the high end, video was okay, if a little pixelated on such a large screen, but honestly, it was about as good as the broadcast DCI put on last year before the season started.  No complaints.

Mike

• Like 1

For a "new" provider, I was a little concerned. But, I really didn't have any problems getting logged in or during the broadcast.  A few times the video would "black out" for a second (looked like a negative image), but always came back in sync. This didn't happen enough to be distracting.  I had the video on Auto.

I thought the audio was great.  I have a separate volume control for my audio speakers, so I could make it as loud as I wanted. There were a few times the pit bass was a little much (resonate frequencies?), but I didn't mind it that much.  I was surprised to hear the stereo effects in the feed being more pronounced than in previous years. Many the source material or maybe new tech/techniques?  IDK

All in all, I was pleased with the product and will get the full season subscription.

• Like 1

Watching on my computer I had some streaming issues. Video buffered quite a bit. Computer is hardlined and I had 220mbps running, so not sure what the issue was.

Everything looked good on my end (work computer) and my wife checked the Roku app at home and said the same thing. Not perfect quality but definitely nothing I'd be annoyed at either. I dug it.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask: is FloMarching also showing the Tour Premier? I can't make it to the theaters on Thursday, just trying to see if this is an option. Their website doesn't make it clear if they're just showing behind the scenes or the actual show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouooga said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask: is FloMarching also showing the Tour Premier? I can't make it to the theaters on Thursday, just trying to see if this is an option. Their website doesn't make it clear if they're just showing behind the scenes or the actual show.

Just guessing here but since this is a Fathom Events presentation, it won't be streamed lived.  On the FloMarching website, it doesn't show up as a streamed event, just access to interviews, non-show videos, etc.  Sorry!

• Like 1