Rate Your FloMarching First Impression

Rate Your FloMarching First Impression  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Audio Quality

2. 2. Video Quality

3. 3. Overall Impression

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Just guessing here but since this is a Fathom Events presentation, it won't be streamed lived.  On the FloMarching website, it doesn't show up as a streamed event, just access to interviews, non-show videos, etc.  Sorry!

I'm wondering if they won't do some lot coverage/other things while it's going on.  

• Like 1

Update:  I just upgraded to Pro.  In looking at the event details for DCI West, I see a section titled "How To Watch" which shows the Roku and Apple TV options, and FloMarching streaming.  This section does not appear for the Premiere show. 

Yes -- it'd be nice to have some behind the scenes streaming for those who can't see the Premiere in the theaters. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Update:  I just upgraded to Pro.  In looking at the event details for DCI West, I see a section titled "How To Watch" which shows the Roku and Apple TV options, and FloMarching streaming.  This section does not appear for the Premiere show. 

Yes -- it'd be nice to have some behind the scenes streaming for those who can't see the Premiere in the theaters. 

Good info. Ya, it seemed weird that they'd do Fathom AND a stream, but it also seemed weird that they had it listed on their site so I wasn't sure.

Side note, +1 for that Roku app!

• Like 1

Is there the ability to go back and watch videos after the show has ended?  Or can I only watch events live as they happen?

6 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Is there the ability to go back and watch videos after the show has ended?  Or can I only watch events live as they happen?

It's live stream only.

I'll pass then.  I'm not going to plunk down $100 and set my summer schedule around DC.  Hopefully they release a package for only championships then.

Im sorry guys but the Roku stuff is amazing.  Roku is the best out there.  During BOA the streams were awful, but Roku is such an easy platform to use it made it worthwhile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Im sorry guys but the Roku stuff is amazing.  Roku is the best out there.  During BOA the streams were awful, but Roku is such an easy platform to use it made it worthwhile.

Besides OTA via a digital antenna on my roof, everything I watch is on Roku and I use PlayStation vue. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 0:47 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

On the day that it was announced DCI was using FloMarching, I sent DCI a very strongly worded email (firm but not rude) explaining my concerns based on last fall's BOA stream. DCI replied to me with what I expect was their form-response to such messages, of which mine was surely just a drop in the bucket. Something along the lines of: we'll work hard to make sure this is a quality product.

I was very pleasantly surprised today.

I hope you'll consider telling them that in a similarly worded letter. It's rare to get that kind of message!

I've been looking forward to FloMarching since the first broadcast. The audio quality alone sold it for me. 

But honestly, I'm now reconsidering. I'm so disgusted by many uniforms this season, by the rolling-on-the-ground visuals, and by show themes that are trying so hard to be edgy that they've become meaningless. I have literally lost all desire to even look at most of the corps these days. Why should I pay to view video of something I don't want to watch?

Well, the audio. The glorious sound of brass and percussion. I could feel the intensity from the Blue Stars in the first broadcast. It reminded me of being live, which no media had done for me up until that point. Yet now I hear about Cadets, and Crown. Singing in drum corps does nothing except make me cringe. Then there's the overpowering voiceovers from Cavaliers. And Bluecoats and Phantom are amplifying their entire hornlines now? None of this is pleasant to listen to. As more information comes out for each corps, the less motivated I am to actually follow this season.

So, we finally get a streaming product that seems worthwhile, yet now there's not much worthwhile to stream.