Rate Your FloMarching First Impression

Rate Your FloMarching First Impression  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Audio Quality

2. 2. Video Quality

3. 3. Overall Impression

Can only do three questions, so.  What was everyone's impression of the preview webcast?  

Keeping it simple.  Audio/Visual/Overall.  

Discuss!  

Me:

• Audio - 5
    • This was my BIG worry, and boy they FIXED IT!  Best audio I've heard from a marching webcast honestly.  Thank God!  I'll eat my words.  Thankfully.
  • Video - 3
    • Not as good as what we've gotten in the past, but better than I thought it would be.  720p is okay.  
  • Overall - 4
    • HUGE improvements over this fall.  So they're working on it.  I think I'll drop the 50$.  I can listen to these videos all day long.  
Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Audio and video quality aren't the only factors. 

I prized the ability to join a stream midway and back up to parts I missed. 

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 2

Audio: 5

That audio stream was pure bliss, really. Crisp, clean, with lots of depth and good balance between the sections. Could maybe stand a bit of a mid-range boost, but now we're getting REALLY picky.

Video: 4

Yeah, 720p is a bit of a limitation these days, but the bits of 720p I saw were crisp vs previous years, which appeared to be downscaled from a higher resolution, and had visible artefacts. I wasn't able to view the stream in HD, but that is absolutely the circumstances I have to view the stream under. I may be able to improve my connection speed for later viewings.

Overall: 4

The product is promising. If the video pipeline and multicam coverage can be improved somewhat, I think it would rate a 5. While pausing and rewinding would be nice, for me they aren't essential features.

Edited by shofmon88
  • Like 1

I'm not a tech junkie, so my standards may be lower, but the audio was amazeballs and the video was more than acceptable. I was marveling at streaming live drum corps on my 55" tv with a nice sound bar. I am pumped for the upcoming season and have no problem spending the $50 for July, and we'll see about August (who am I kidding, of course I'm going to get it).

• Like 1

This is what my e-mail said.    I typed in four different user names (Who is using Softball?) and none of them worked.  My e-mail is "invalid".  I said the helll with it and went back to the Red sox game.

Subscription Confirmed

It's official! You're on the list.

12 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Audio and video quality aren't the only factors. 

I prized the ability to join a stream midway and back up to parts I missed. 

It's a LIVE stream. You're expecting something that usually isn't a feature for a live stream. 

As for ioining in the middle of the stream, I was able to join in just fine and I didn't start watching until the blue stars were marching onto the field

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

Crap video

Golden audio

So can you deal with golden crap?

Whoever doesn't give a 5 on the audio quality is absolutely insane (unless you experienced issues which is the fault at your end). You don't get audio quality like this on a live stream ever. Blew me away. 

• Like 2