Open class predictions

So I thought we might have fun re-thinking our first predictions, especially after we see the scores for the Cape Girardeau show tonight, the first time that the midwest/southern corps will face one of the California big guys - Vanguard Cadets.  Hopefully we'll have good discussion later tonight. 

I think Open Class is one of the most fun competitions going on in drum corps this year.  Yes, it is over-shadowed by the roar around the top WC corps, but still producing some of the best shows to be viewed in 2017.

• Like 2

OK - I'm sure this has happened in recent past years:  The battle for 1st and 2nd place in Open Class mirrors that same battle in World Class - Blue Devils & Santa Clara Vanguard.  End of discussion I guess!

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
Clarifying comment
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

OK - I'm sure this has happened in recent past years:  The battle for 1st and 2nd place in Open Class mirrors that same battle in World Class - Blue Devils & Santa Clara Vanguard.  End of discussion I guess!

Since SCV hasn't won a medal since 2004, it really hasn't happened the way it has this year.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:36 AM, mjyaub said:

I may be just a tad biased. 

Bama biased.

What with all the great high school and college marching bands in the State of Alabama, there should be the makings there of one great World Class DCI Top 12 Corps!

My hope is that next year the number three corps, whoever it is, can cut down the gap from second place down to one point.