Open class predictions

Disclaimer I know there is already a thread on the world class page about predictions but I thought it'd be fun to have a open class predictions thread!

So the first competition involving an open class corps is less than a week away, and while there is always the looming idea that either BDB or SCVC will win there are a lot of other cool corps, what y'all think will happen with placements and with open class in general over the season?

Guardians just moved in this week. Their first show isn't until the Texas tour, so it'll be a while before you see/hear from them (but man, oh man, their show and look this year is one of the most unique in all of DCI!)

Mike

I live in the Nashville area so have been to several of the Music City practices.  If they can pull this show off cleanly, I wouldn't be surprised if they take the gold.  The show is that good, musically and visually, and the kids seem to love it and are rising to the challenge.  They have a monster baritone section that keeps getting better and sounds like a block of liquid gold.  The staff look like they are totally invested in the kids and I was impressed watching them direct this production.  I definitely see the influence of Visual Caption Head Josh Meyer, 5-year Bluecoats age out. The show is quite difficult so cleaning it will be the trick.  But I'm thinking they may just pull if off. 

So since I can't see the other top OC corps products, I'll just be bold and say Music City will be numero uno.  Tomorrow at noon, they will participate in the funeral services for their family member, Finis Sparkman.  These kids have been through deep waters in the past few weeks and I think it has matured them.  Blessings on them.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:
  1. Vanguard Cadets
  2. Blue Devils B
  3. Legends
  4. Music City
  5. Spartans
  6. Louisiana Stars
  7. 7th Regiment
  8. Guardians
  9. Raiders
  10. Gold
  11. River City Rhythm
  12. Southwind 

I'd put Southwind higher.

I may be just a tad biased. I have heard a good portion of the music and saw a video of the opener. I think I would put them around 8. There's just not that much to go by with the exception of Music City and they seem to be solid.