Open class predictions

If I wouldn't get in trouble for distributing some of SW's show, I would. But I can say with full confidence that the hornline is going to kick ### this year :) not sure about the other captions though because I don't know much about percussion or guard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

If I wouldn't get in trouble for distributing some of SW's show, I would. But I can say with full confidence that the hornline is going to kick ### this year :) not sure about the other captions though because I don't know much about percussion or guard

I'm really interested in them. Last year they were ranked 13th overall having ended a whole week before the other open class corps, and im excited to see how they do this year since they're going to open class championships. Rooting for them to make finals!

• Like 3

Hadn't noticed before that there are some all-O.C. shows earlier on the schedule this year, all in the South:

-- July 15 in Woodstock GA (well, five Open Class corps and three All-Age corps)

-- July 17 in Powhatan VA

-- July 19 in Knoxville TN

18 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Hadn't noticed before that there are some all-O.C. shows earlier on the schedule this year, all in the South:

-- July 15 in Woodstock GA (well, five Open Class corps and three All-Age corps)

-- July 17 in Powhatan VA

-- July 19 in Knoxville TN

And on July 14 in Millbrook, AL :)

https://southwind.ticketspice.com/darr

1 hour ago, lawrenceleclaire said:

And on July 14 in Millbrook, AL :)

https://southwind.ticketspice.com/darr

Thanks for catching that. I see there will be two all-age corps at that show, in addition to the five open class corps.

And five shows in all on that Friday evening.

So tonight, Music City moved to the top of the Open Class with a fine performance at Rotary Music Festival in Cedarburg, WI, earning a score of 59.40, a huge 7 point improvement over their first show.  It will be interesting to see if they can continue to improve with this degree of escalation! 

Honestly once BDB and SCVC compete this coming weekend I'm sure they'll both be at 1 or 2. A little birdy told me that SCVC has done MAJOR changes to the visual design of their show + added a "killer" closer. Should be interesting

On 7/3/2017 at 10:53 PM, RetiredMusTeach said:

So tonight, Music City moved to the top of the Open Class with a fine performance at Rotary Music Festival in Cedarburg, WI, earning a score of 59.40, a huge 7 point improvement over their first show.  It will be interesting to see if they can continue to improve with this degree of escalation! 

Watch out for "corrections."  Last year Genesis and Legends were in the 58-59 range at the Muncie show and they both took about a ten point "correction" in their scores overnight, and the had to claw back every point of that over the next month.  There is significant downward pressure on OC scores, especially early in the season.

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Watch out for "corrections."  Last year Genesis and Legends were in the 58-59 range at the Muncie show and they both took about a ten point "correction" in their scores overnight, and the had to claw back every point of that over the next month.  There is significant downward pressure on OC scores, especially early in the season.

It seems to happen every year, to a degree, but I'm hoping that the size of last year's swings were brought about by the judges supposedly not having access to recaps.