Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

23 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

People, if there is one track on the 2017 CDs you'll want to put on repeat, it will be Bluecoats. It may not be the only track, but it is definitely on that list.

What's funny is the music was honestly the only part of the Bluecoats I didn't like in Indy. Out of all 6 corps, yes ALL 6 of them, Bluecoats was at the bottom for me as far as enjoying the music book as a whole. Saying that, they still have some great music moments. That full brass ensemble moment on the ramp in the beginning of the show was probably my favorite of theirs. Just not my cup of tea this year but still like the show, just not in love with it like others.

• Like 2

Well in a bright spot for Cadets...go Guard!  Apparently the opening night score was not a fluke.  I expected BAC to best them in guard with the staff and talent they have.

Otherwise congrats Bloo LOVE your show!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Narrow said:

Wow! Cadets 1st in guard! Never expected that!

Edited by kinetic inferno11

Recaps in June and first week or so of July always have me going :dry:

Quick recap glance: GE seems much more in line with the other captions than on Thursday (which leads to the humorous thing that right now based on most recent scores, the highest GE corps out there is Cavies).

Cadets perc had a better showing tonight. And an excellent guard showing, apparently! BAC brass and analysis ahead of Cadets, which matches what Kevin said about their sound.

Good to see Saucedo judging this year! (Assuming R. Saucedo on the recap is who I think it is.)

• Like 1

I know it's early season and the kinks will be ironed out, but ouch. Crown's guard score is pretty low, even for early season. Still, it's only their second comp, and they can go only up from here.

Note to self -- when you get that notification from the Drum Scorps app that new scores are available, wait about 10 minutes to give the DCP servers a chance to cool down. That's 3 nights in a row that I got the notification, and the DCP forums immediately came to a standstill for about 5 minutes.

• Like 7