Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

Looking at saucedos scores he sees a lot of growth and potential from everyone. Every caption Crown won at premiere bloo won and some captions vice versa, goes to show you its early and you never know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Yes they are.  You may or may not be able to hear/see them on a certain world renowned video site.

BIG problem for everyone.

I'm sure Metapmorph will be great come August. But it almost doesn't make sense to be so confident in what's currently there, because per usual for June, we don't even really know what's going on with the show yet. We haven't really seen it; we've just seen the typical "BD in June" blueprint. And honestly, what's currently there feels unusually skeletal at this stage, even for BD. 

Bloo, on the other hand...

1 hour ago, kevingamin said:

Honestly, not good. Flat for most of it, plus tough times in the upper register.

Changes are a 'comin.

• Like 2

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

I'm sure Metapmorph will be great come August. But it almost doesn't make sense to be so confident in what's currently there, because per usual for June, we don't even really know what's going on with the show yet. We haven't really seen it; we've just seen the typical "BD in June" blueprint. And honestly, what's currently there feels unusually skeletal at this stage, even for BD. 

Bloo, on the other hand...

We are only talking about the brass caption here.

I don't know that the BD 'show' is contending right now... but that brass writing and playing is pretty beefy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Might it be he just isn't comfortable as a soloist yet?  I know, it's CC and just about everyone is probably good enough to play a solo, but maybe another player is needed.

He isn't a concert euphonium player. They are fixing now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superOOk said:

Changes are a 'comin.

That's really the only questionable musical portion of the whole show (for me, anyway).  And it isn't really that bad... it's just something that can easily be balanced out.

• Like 2

Massillon Encore.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kevingamin said:

They really do want that euph voicing, however.

This is correct. They want the falsetto voice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kevingamin said:

The only down side, if you can call it that, about having a brass line so good is that I tend to short change the guard and percussion as a result.

By the way, the soloist during For Good is not overpowering at all, though this ballad makes this part of the show feel more like Avon High School at BOA. Again, not a bad thing.

Does she balance live?  In the theater she kind of stuck out like a bad photoshop edit....  EQ perhaps?

2 minutes ago, superOOk said:

This is correct. They want the falsetto voice.

To be fair, that very specific voice is what sells the source music, and I think it'll be the best way to approach it in the show as well.