Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

deleted

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

double post

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Do you have any relevant comments related to the topic?

deleted post

Edited by BRASSO

I found it interesting in terms of enjoyment @jwillis35 picked Trooper's show above Crown.  That is shocking considering their relative placements in DCI finals.  But since I had my butt in a seat next to his I understand why.

The Massilon crowd is a VERY hip very knowledgeable drum corps crowd.  One of the best drum corps crowds in all the places I watched shows in the last 37 years.  My experience is that shows in the first weeks of being performed don't generate the excitement of late July and August shows.  The Troopers went on early and brought the crowd to it's feet twice.  The crowd wasn't being polite, it was responding to some fantastic moments by the Troopers.

I loved Crown and as incredible as their hornline was, they did not have the same kind of "wow" moments the Troopers did. 

There is no doubt Crown will be contending for a title this year and Troopers will be hard pressed to crack into the top 12, but on this night Troopers really connected with the crowd.  They get full credit for performing at such a high level with such great moments.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Brasso, go stick a fork in it. It's posted in 3 locations. Only two by me and both are links. I was having trouble posting the whole thing to the site. WVU80 managed to get the whole thing posted to the site. Did you not want to read a review, or do you just not like what I wrote?  You sound like a kid. 

Thanks for the review...enjoy reading them from season to season...usually some insightful points..don't always necessarily agree with the commentary at all times...not really going to debate about your opinion when I was not at the venue...that would be silly of me...none of us are immune to our personal bias...not implying anything here either...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well, since you asked.. I enjoyed the running thread reviews on this show from the people that were there as it was not from one single poster there, but included more people. But thsats just me, and you asked me. But no, I don't have much at all to say on this topic as I wasn't even at the show to even attempt to make a " relevant comment " on the show. All I said, was that this reviewers analysis got lots of airplay... not bad for a poster that finished next to last on DCP with a " 58 " failing grade in the first week of predictive analysis, by the way. Hey,. just saying.. and its no big deal. He gave his review. It got lots of space on multiple social media, people appreciate it ( me included ) and so its all good here, imo... since you asked me.

Oh lord!! Because he linked to his review in the REVIEW form and the show thread and got a "58" on week 1 "guess the score" you are trying to undermine his viewpoint or "knowledge" of the matter???

Hahahaha!! That is just precious. 

I (for one) are just glad we HAVE a review. And it seems to line up closely to the other attendees comments, scores, ordinals etc.

So maybe (just maybe!) say "THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME" Jonathan!!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Thanks for the review...enjoy reading them from season to season...usually some insightful points..don't always necessarily agree with the commentary at all times...not really going to debate about your opinion when I was not at the venue...that would be silly of me...none of us are immune to our personal bias...not implying anything here either...

Totally agree. And I think everyone knows I love Bluecoats and Cadets, so I am sure there is some bias in there. We all have that, as you mentioned.  I just didn't realize I was offending people with the posted reviews. Not my intention to offend people. 

23 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Brasso,  It's posted in 3 locations.  

Well thats a relief to learn.. lol!

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Totally agree. And I think everyone knows I love Bluecoats and Cadets, so I am sure there is some bias in there. We all have that, as you mentioned.  I just didn't realize I was offending people with the posted reviews. Not my intention to offend people. 

can't please everyone...would be a dull world...haha

• Like 1

Some photos from last night. They are not the greatest. My phone camera is not that good.  

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.willis.58/media_set?set=a.10155476177967053.1073741851.658647052&type=3

• Like 2