'83 Cadets vs '16 Coats

1983 Cadets vs 2016 Bluecoats  

56 members have voted

1. 1. In ten years or so- which of these shows will we consider being more revolutionary?

• '83 Cadets
    • '16 Coats

This poll is closed to new votes

I think most will say the Cadets show- given they know their DCI history. 

'83 Cadets. While what the Coats did was cool and everything, their show was pretty much just a culmination of what was happening for a few years now. They just did it in a much more polished way that had a cool factor to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Is this a serious question? smh...

2016 Bluecoats was pretty easy for me but 1983 Cadets is absolutely legendary.   Two totally different eras and that's not even scratching the surface.  

Everyone has their own tastes and are part of different eras of fans.  

Neither. 1980 Santa Clara Vanguard.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

2016 Bluecoats was pretty easy for me but 1983 Cadets is absolutely legendary.   Two totally different eras and that's not even scratching the surface.  

Everyone has their own tastes and are part of different eras of fans.  

True.  I guess when I thought about it Bluecoats 2016 is legendary in it's own right.  It changed how electronics are used, when shows are announced, and how uniforms are designed.  As far as pushing the activity skills wise.  I think Cadets take the cake.

28 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Is this a serious question? smh...

No it's not SERIOUS. I am being Sarcastic. I randomly chose two shows from the past just to have you "SHAKE YOUR HEAD" (I had to look that up by the way- or in your language- BTW) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'd say '82 Cadets rather than '83.  That show really got the evolutionary ball rolling. 

So I go back and check out some '82 Cadets on youtube and noticed something we don't see anymore (at the end of the video) Another corps waiting to go on- practically on the field. 

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 1

I think we'll have to limit this to just the two units on the poll, because there are corps from every decade that did something revolutionary that became SOP throughout drum corps afterwards.