'83 Cadets vs '16 Coats

1983 Cadets vs 2016 Bluecoats  

56 members have voted

1. 1. In ten years or so- which of these shows will we consider being more revolutionary?

• '83 Cadets
    • '16 Coats

This poll is closed to new votes

I marched '81 Madison with a guy who dated an '81 Cadet and his son is now a rookie in Madison!

I recall an interview with Wayne Downey who saw '83 Garfield for the first time and reacted like "wow, this is now a whole new activity, what planet are they from, how can we compete with that?" (I'm paraphrasing).

After Cavies climbed on ladders >10 years ago I was surprised no one ran with the added dimension until more recently.

Bluecoats 2016 just replaced Phantom '89 and Bridgemen '78 as my all time favorite shows, but Cadets '83 will stand as the most revolutionary show for decades to come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'd say '82 Cadets rather than '83.  That show really got the evolutionary ball rolling. 

I agree to a certain extent.  The Rocky Point Holiday part of 1982 show blew me away.  It was so good they basically kept both the drill and arrangement of it in '83.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

If the Cadet of today is 19 - and their parent was 25 when they were born the parent was 10 when Cadets played Mass in 1983

Considering that three guys from my high school were in the Cadets that year, you just made me feel really old!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Neither. 1980 Santa Clara Vanguard.

Or if you want the middle to the end of 27's opener in 1980 there are a couple of reshapes that were the "signs" of the things to come.

1 hour ago, MadScout80 said:

After Cavies climbed on ladders >10 years ago I was surprised no one ran with the added dimension until more recently.

I take your point, but I would note that Reading Buccaneers in DCA made decent use of ladders four years ago (i.e., taking up what Cavs had done and presaging, in a small way, what was to come).

Edited by N.E. Brigand

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I take your point, but I would note that Reading Buccaneers in DCA made decent use of ladders four years ago (i.e., taking up what Cavs had done and presaging, in a small way, what was to come).

Redland HS did a great job in the 90s with he ladders and I think some same folks involved. YouTube it lol