Not really in MICHIGAN CITY

Just now, tommynev said:

Ames Field is one of the best small stadiums in the country and is perfect for drum corps.  The stands are so close to the field, and as a performer the natural grass feels better than most artificial turf.

This is a great point.  I loved performing where the stands were as close to me as possible and places like Ames Field, NIU Huskie Stadium, and Legion Field in Birmingham were among the best venues.  The worst, from a performer standpoint, were places like Cooper Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, the small stadium in Centerville, and of course Olympic Stadium in Montreal. 

There's a big stadium close to me in Ohio which would be perfect for drum corps: Roush Stadium in Kettering.  It has no track so the performers are up close and personal.

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Colts Cadets opening set.

blbyf43.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Hope it isn't much trouble for you, but yes, we love looking at the photos. Thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

This is a great point.  I loved performing where the stands were as close to me as possible and places like Ames Field, NIU Huskie Stadium, and Legion Field in Birmingham were among the best venues.  The worst, from a performer standpoint, were places like Cooper Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, the small stadium in Centerville, and of course Olympic Stadium in Montreal. 

There's a big stadium close to me in Ohio which would be perfect for drum corps: Roush Stadium in Kettering.  It has no track so the performers are up close and personal.

Ah man, Cooper Stadium. I drove by there last month and nearly teared up over the state of that place. It was supposed to be repurposed into an automotive research and testing facility; Columbus was even going to use it to test driverless vehicles. Sadly, that hasn't happened. The developer seems to have abandoned it without notice. I remember seeing a lot of Clippers games there when I was a kid, not to mention the years when OMEA state marching band finals were hosted there. 

• Like 1

Just now, vhsmbdm said:

Ah man, Cooper Stadium. I drove by there last month and nearly teared up over the state of that place. It was supposed to be repurposed into an automotive research and testing facility; Columbus was even going to use it to test driverless vehicles. Sadly, that hasn't happened. The developer seems to have abandoned it without notice. I remember seeing a lot of Clippers games there when I was a kid, not to mention the years when OMEA state marching band finals were hosted there. 

The US Open Finals used to be there too.  We did prelims in Marion in the morning and went to Columbus that night for finals.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I assume the props are incomplete. Pioneer opening set.

tpMOkit.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

From Milwaukee Wisconsin, performing their 2017 program - O'Miserables.....

• Like 1