Drum harnesses...a rant

39 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Knew as soon as I read that that someone was going to post this ... but the coaster harnesses fit with the theme so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've always been peeved by visible harnesses, but any attempt whatsoever to blend them in with the look is a-ok with me.

Edit: I would be so happy if SCV decided to bring back a show with Send in the Clowns and went with this costume for the full corps.  The ensuing arguments on here would be beyond entertaining.

Surely, you jest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

THANK YOU!!

That is EXACTLY what I mean.

Is it REALLY that hard to figure out?

I remember in the late 70's how we thought it was way cool that SCV wore the drum-straps (yes, straps) under the tunic

78_snares.jpg

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Both those manufacturers have air frames. Dynasty only has the padded bulky harness. 

A can of paint or some fabric and a needle/thread go a long way.

Hell...put a white soccer sock over a shoulder hook and it goes a long way when seen from the stands.

The simple FACT that both pics clearly show something was sewn together to cover the shoulder hooks and belly pads means it's not a far fetched idea.

Edited by 84BDsop

30 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I remember in the late 70's how we thought it was way cool that SCV wore the drum-straps (yes, straps) under the tunic

78_snares.jpg

Beyond cool...and I remember them to be the first with tunics that zipped up in back...