DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

11 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... love BK's percussion writing.

Yep! Refreshing, to say the least.

10 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

If they can get that cleaned up, who knows what their ceiling might be this year.   The closer looked (and sounded) very raw.  I loved every second of it.

Wait, was that really the closer?  As in, BK has a closer on the field in June?

I'm very confused... that didn't feel at all resolved to close out the show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

They very well could, and I hope that is the case.  I think even inverting the colors somehow would have been a good idea, but what do I know.

I just know I've said the same thing after seeing a show on a broadcast like this in the past, only to be proven wrong on live viewing. Now I tend to give the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Front half is top 6 tier.  Back half is where they've been sitting.  Percussion is amazing, brass will get there, but the guard is a serious step down from the other two captions.  Lots to like but lots to fix in that show.  

This is why seeing live makes a difference. I know what you are saying but live it looks different. The colors stand out. 

3 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... love BK's percussion writing.

I loved that drum line <3

1 minute ago, pbeau said:

BK is a corps that has totally transformed itself. This show a natural progression of what they have done over the the last two years. New age drum corps with a bit of. BOA feel.

Musically they are astoundingly creative. Terrific arrangements!

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Front half is top 6 tier.  Back half is where they've been sitting.  Percussion is amazing, brass will get there, but the guard is a serious step down from the other two captions.  Lots to like but lots to fix in that show.  

Guard has been their weakness for a few years now. Surprised they haven't addressed it head-on. No pun intended, this season may be an eye-opener for that caption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Guard has been their weakness for a few years now. Surprised they haven't addressed it head-on. No pun intended, this season may be an eye-opener for that caption.

This.

• Like 1