DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

4 hours ago, kbbandman said:

The show appears to have been written for 12 - so they have 5 holes - ouch!

They have 3 out, but will return soon.  As for flags and props -- be patient.  Word from folks I know at the stadium leads me to believe FloMarching's mic placements didn't do PC any favors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyt said:

SCV with guard, brass and percussion.

Aw snap.

posted from the DrumScorps app

This is what suggests that when everyone gets together that BD will be competitive rather than a run-away.  You just have to wonder how Crown and Bluecoats (maybe even Cavaliers... and Cadets on a caption) will figure in... and who will hold the sought-after GE caption for the win.

In fact, this may be the first time when at a given time the winner didn't win any captions.

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Welp as predicted I didn't make it through.  I started nodding off Galway through Vanguard and then woke up and fell asleep halfway through BD. Curse you West coast times....

This is why I'm glad the west coast tour is early on in the season. As much as I'd love to see the corps go there later on in the season, I'm glad I don't have to worry about staying up super late after the halfway point of the season!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

SCV winning captions shows evidence of their momentum.  They must be so stoked!    That confirms they're in THE top tier this year.  BITD they had a habit of the surge to the end.

DCI is pretty consistent in the GE winner = the gold medalist.  July will be interesting...a slugfest on the horizon.

Congrats Mandarin - "Make hay while the sun is shining."

34 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

This is what suggests that when everyone gets together that BD will be competitive rather than a run-away.  You just have to wonder how Crown and Bluecoats (maybe even Cavaliers... and Cadets on a caption) will figure in... and who will hold the sought-after GE caption for the win.

In fact, this may be the first time when at a given time the winner didn't win any captions.

All I can say is, get your tix to Nashville today. You will likely see the last big changes to these shows, including Coats and Crown, before finals. And it will be sold out. Best and most important show of the year that isn't a Regional. And this year, wow, you will see one heck of a brass exposition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, c mor said:

SCV winning captions shows evidence of their momentum.  They must be so stoked!    That confirms they're in THE top tier this year.  BITD they had a habit of the surge to the end.

DCI is pretty consistent in the GE winner = the gold medalist.  July will be interesting...a slugfest on the horizon.

Congrats Mandarin - "Make hay while the sun is shining."

Now that we have seen all of the corps, is it too early to say that if Crown doesn't address the signing aspect of the show, theyre out of the medals? I'd like to believe otherwise, but after seeing BD, BC, SCV and Cavaliers, I'm not sure I'd bet on them if GE is really the key factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

They have 3 out, but will return soon.  As for flags and props -- be patient.  Word from folks I know at the stadium leads me to believe FloMarching's mic placements didn't do PC any favors. 

I agree. I watched last night via live stream and was not impressed with the overall sound quality. I think they needed more field mics. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Now that we have seen all of the corps, is it too early to say that if Crown doesn't address the signing aspect of the show, theyre out of the medals? I'd like to believe otherwise, but after seeing BD, BC, SCV and Cavaliers, I'm not sure I'd bet on them if GE is really the key factor.

Does Crown have sign problems?

10 minutes ago, c mor said:

Does Crown have sign problems?

That would be a 2016 Cavies problem

• Like 3