That time-tested saying....

Might be different if there wasn't so much money and pride at stake.  

Welcome to the world of alumni bases... if it's not the way they did it back in the day, it's failing. As evidenced in DCA (which may be helped by the fact that the alumni bases and marching member age range are much closer together), a large majority of alumni are courteous, progressive, and supportive, but those people aren't the kind of people to post their opinions online either. 

On 6/25/2017 at 7:53 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Parent of a first year DCI MM this year. And just wondering if the whole notion of "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" has ever been introduced to this community. I really don't mind at all reading constructive criticism of all the corps as long as that's what it is. But when it turns mean, rude, vitriolic, and just crusty, I have to wonder what joy people get out of trashing 17-22 year old kids who are busting their ### for 16 hours a day to make themselves better. 

My kid marched 2 years of DCA so I stayed mainly in the DCA section of Drum Corps Planet. And for the most part, that seems to be a fairly polite community that encourages all the corps in the activity. In one month of posting here, ( and now 4 days of shows rolling out), I've seen things posted about the shows, the corps, the staffs, etc. that simply make my heart hurt. 

Criticism? Sure... "I think XYZ Corps could improve by doing ABC"...for sure...bring it on.  

Nastiness? No..."This show is an absolute trainwreck. The whole staff should be fired and the kids sent home tomorrow."  Nope. Not appropriate. 

Rant over. 

Which DCA corps did he march with?

I have been trying to keep up with DCA lol