Pittsburgh Pileup - Tuesday, June 27

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

WOW!!!  Don't look now, but Coats are figuring out this ballad.  Soloist did indeed nail it tonight and back in the written octave range and on the concert euphonium.  Even more exciting he backfield playing and amplified effect is what the designers intended. 

Now two days of rehearsal then on to Muncie.  The BOA kids are always fun to play for.  Bowler hats are going to sell out :1_grinning:

I have one coming.  I'll practice my Fosse pose.  See you on the 50! 

• Like 3

Granted, not to read too much into it, but I am intrigued by the one GE judge placing Cadets only .3 behind Bloo.  I can only comment based on my read of Bloo from the theater, but is it possible that they are not quite the GE monster they were last year?  While they no doubt will have great captions across the board, without the GE pop of last year, I think Bloo might have a struggle to stay on top.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Gosh so much debate with a partial panel

gaps aren't the same with a partial panel and corps missing

we will get an idea if Cadets for example are making progress at the Bean Pot show when Crown is there... can they get the gap down under 1.5 points then? 

im more interested in how the crowds reacted to the shows? Anyone there?

Vid of show tonight demonstrates Cadets are being very well received especially compared to the past 4 seasons.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Yay!  It kills me when I see people go after a soloist, I bet that felt good to finally get it.  I sure as hell would be terrified to play in front of audiences with such an exposed solo like that.  Can't wait to see that ballad develop.  

Well, I will tell you that it was not good at all through rehearsal. He really made it happen at night though. His bone solo had a little more swagger at night too after he killed the other one.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Not a single person in ALL of DCP has said this. Try to find and quote a post that says Cadets will win it all....you wont find it. All someone did was express optimism in the trend of scores for the Cadets and you felt the need to stomp all over it and insinuate something that wasnt said

I think the implication that people are missing here is that by saying you think the Cadets could beat Bloo this year, you're saying that the Cadets can win DCI because a lot of people are currently saying (and the scores support it) that Bloo will win it all this year. 

I don't necessarily agree that Bloo will win it all, but people are blowing Poppy's statement wayyy out of proportion

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 4

Just now, Poppycock said:

Oh I love that. Can I use it?

Absolutely! Please send your royalty check to ...

• Like 2