Pittsburgh Pileup - Tuesday, June 27

Genesis is the corps I'm most interested in learning  of the results. They've steadily improved and I thought last year's show was well done. I hope things go well for Spirit too. The uniforms look sharp. It will also be interesting to see how they fare against Troopers and Colts. I think it's not too much of a stretch to place Bluecoats first, Cadets in second, and Crossmen n third place, how well Cadets used their ime the past few days.

Hoping for great debut performances from Spirit and Genesis. Spirit has long been one of my favorite corps and I would love to see them make a serious run at top 12. And Genesis is one of the upcoming corps out of Texas that seems to be heading in the right direction. I have been super impressed with them the last few years.  Let's see if Bluecoats can pull a 75 tonight. :)

• Like 5

I am leaving work about 3pm and hitting the turnpike for the trip out!! To say I CAN NOT WAIT would be an understatement!! I may miss some of the other corps, as an old friend of mine and Bluecoats alumni, is going with me for their warm up!! If I am fortunate enough to sit inside the horn line....it will be awesome :) (otherwise I would watch all the corps, but I will see them in Allentown) 

Should be a fantastic night!! 

• Like 4

Every show has something to be interested in. 

Cadets:  Had a brief break. Did they make any changes?  If so, what difference do they make?

Crossmen:  Does the gap with Cadets change any?

Colts and Troopers:  Gains or losses on Crossmen.

Spirit and Genesis: debuts. Are either a threat to Colts or Troopers?

BTW-I believe this is the first World Class competition with two corps from Texas. History!

• Like 5

I too am super excited for Genesis' World Class debut. I would LOVE to see them hang with Spirit & Colts; my prediction is they'll land about 3 - 4 points behind both corps --- *IF* their approach to the season is at all like last year. Last year they bit off a massively demanding show (in order to demonstrate they could handle world class depth & demand, in my opinion), and took all season to grow and blossom. On the other hand, the year before, with the Phantom show, they came out strong with an easier design and remained quite strong throughout the season. Which one will this be?? Somewhere in the middle? If so, I'm guessing they'll place a couple points behind everyone tonight with plenty of room to grow throughout the season.

On another note, after watching that Spirit premier video a couple of times now, I'm calling it that they debut ahead of Colts tonight. I don't have any dogs in the fight one way or the other, I'm just really impressed with their noticeable turnaround in design and quality this year. I think they'll be leaping up into the Troop-Colts-Mandarins tier, and they'll make that statement tonight.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2017 at 6:17 AM, mfrontz said:

Going to try to make Cadets ensemble tonight and Bluecoats ensemble Wednesday as well as the show. 

Can you record Bloo ensemble run thru for us?

• Like 1

Oooh it's just about Trooper time.  Do it up Troop!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bearwy said:

Oooh it's just about Trooper time.  Do it up Troop!

They were lit last night in Hamilton!  This might be the best Troopers brass line in decades.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Nobody puts Crossmen in the corner.

Except Crossmen...well at least for a minute!

• Like 2