Harrowing Hamilton - June 26th, 2017

1 minute ago, brassdude6171 said:

I think it would be naive, however, at this point to think that there's other stuff in the judges' heads than just what's on the field. Regardless of how big a factor, there are politics in DCI scoring.

Oh no... not the DCI conspiracy and politics angle about to revisit the DCP board. I had hoped that stuff was gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

It's not fighting it's an aggressive disagreement 

The big pillows just might make a DCP appearance though, and then all bets are off, should people start swinging them on here.

23 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I think they should just drop it and then bump up a last line or statement (maybe without accompaniment there)... drumcorps fans love that kind of thing.

Its June.. Some DCI Corps have not even entered DCI competition yet. Those that have, are all going to be making changes, deletions, tweaks, rewrites ( some will have to do more than others ). Once San Anton Regionals rolls around, then we'll know much more about these Corps, their shows.

1 minute ago, Iloveband said:

Let's just talk about how much we all love band. 

ok...I love band, Iloveband.

Just now, BRASSO said:

Its June.. Some DCI Corps have not even entered DCI competition yet. Those that have, are all going to be making changes, deletions, tweaks, rewrites ( some will have to do more than others ). Once San Anton Regionals rolls around, then we'll know much more about these Corps, their shows.

When I said "drop it", I meant leave it at the lower octave like they apparently did this evening.  Not sure if that was clear the way that I wrote it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

When I said "drop it", I meant leave it at the lower octave like they apparently did this evening.  Not sure if that was clear the way that I wrote it.

For awhile there was talk about considering doing that with another brass instrument. If they lowered it down an octave, that might've done the trick. Glad ' Coats realized that it needed changing, and changed it. Wonder how it sounded ?

Ah, I feel like the DCI season has truly started finally! 

Please keep the unbridled hype, conspiracy theories, and fortune telling flowing.  So entertaining!

Just now, BRASSO said:

For awhile there was talk about considering doing that with another brass instrument. If they lowered it down an octave, that might've done the trick. Glad ' Coats realized that it needed changing, and changed it. Wonder how it sounded ?

It sounded better ... not cringeworthy anymore ... but not perfect. I suspect it is still a work in progress.

• Like 5