Harrowing Hamilton - June 26th, 2017

1 hour ago, Musicman1084 said:

Not making conclusions (seriously), and again, actually enjoy the show (in all regards) quite a bit.  But let's be real, looking at the recaps exposes a slight pink elephant situation.

A pink elephant is a drunken hallucination. Is this the pink elephant situation you currently find yourself in? How can one be real while at the same time experiencing hallucinations? I would think that Crown would take offense in your description of their Guard score as being hallucinatory. Their score was in fact quite real as was Boston's which I believe was the point you were trying to make. I think Boston will respond to the reality of these scores and, over the course of the season, close the gap and eventually overtake Crown.

Go BAC

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Kitty corn 

jimmy crack corn

Jimmy-Crack-Corn.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

jimmy crack corn

Jimmy-Crack-Corn.png

Corny.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Corny.

how-to-remove-corns-on-feet-Garlic.jpg

The garlic wards off so much! C'est vrait, Giants!

Edited by CorpwithanS
Tituba's rifle line and home apothecary.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And 62.5 for Cincinnati Tradition. Are they fourteen points better than they were at this point last year? Or was either last year or this year a case of DCI scoring them incorrectly, as often happens with the numbers for all-age corps.

I can only say so much from marching tuba on the field, but this is my 5th year with Cincinnati Tradition and this is by far the best product this group has ever produced. We greatly appreciated the announcer acknowledging our success at DCA championships last year and appreciate the crowd showing their support for us. We always do our best to take steps in the right direction. Btw, we still have spots open and we are an all age corps if anyone is interested in joining. Our oldest performer is 67 and our youngest is 14, so we have a wide variety of ages and anyone is welcome. Feel free to contact me if you need more information. :-)

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can only say so much from marching tuba on the field, but this is my 5th year with Cincinnati Tradition and this is by far the best product this group has ever produced. We greatly appreciated the announcer acknowledging our success at DCA championships last year and appreciate the crowd showing their support for us. We always do our best to take steps in the right direction. Btw, we still have spots open and we are an all age corps if anyone is interested in joining. Our oldest performer is 67 and our youngest is 14, so we have a wide variety of ages and anyone is welcome. Feel free to contact me if you need more information. :-)

It was an absolute pleasure to see you guys perform tonight!! Definitely a step in the right direction for you guys this year, keep it up and I wish the best for you!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Sometimes the "improvisatory-sounding" solos in drumcorps (not just Bluecoats) shows don't seem to go anywhere... they just kind of hover around a narrow pitch collection.  But the biggest problem with this is when you generate an instrumental solo rendition of a vocal solo source (that just kind of hovers around a narrow pitch collection).

What do you do with that?  Do you be faithful... or do you +1 that sucker into something more interesting on an instrument?...

Questions that may need an answer.

Transferring something written for voice to an instrument is tricky. Often you cannot do so verbatim.  You want to find the best tonal center for the instrument, and if possible you want to utilize special nuances that the instrument is capable of as it presents the melody. Making use of range, overtone series, ornaments, flutters, trills, shakes, glissando, scalar passages (runs) that lead into or out of climax notes for effect, or movement in and around the key in a rhythmical way that helps to showcase the instruments range and beauty without killing the melody. What techniques you use depends on the melody, the instrument, and the style. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Agree with DasTuba, it was a pleasure seeing you guys perform. Someone asked earlier if you were really 14 points better than this time last year. Absolutely yes! Congrats on the great start to the season and hope the rest is just as eventful. 

• Like 1