Crown 73.4

Cavies 71.6

Boston 69.1

Crossmen 67

Troopers 63

Colts 61.8

Pioneer 47.4

• Like 3

And 62.5 for Cincinnati Tradition. Are they fourteen points better than they were at this point last year? Or was either last year or this year a case of DCI scoring them incorrectly, as often happens with the numbers for all-age corps.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Bloo killed it tonight! This is the run we've been waiting for. The euph solo was dropped an octave. It was better ... not perfect but better. But the rest of the show slayed!

I talked with staff at Massillon and they said they were going to drop an octave, and patch an effect that would bring it back up an octave. Maybe they didn't like the effect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, patrick643 said:

Bluecoats 74.6

Crown 73.4

Cavies 71.6

Boston 69.1

Crossmen 67

Troopers 63

Colts 61.8

Pioneer 47.4

I had posted earlier, averages from the "predict the score" contest.  The biggest differences:

• Participants predicted Cavies to be just 0.6 behind Crown.  They were 1.8 behind them
  • Predicted Troopers to be 3.2 behind Crossmen.  They were 4.0
  • Predicted Colts to be 2 points behind Troop.  They were 1.2
  • Predicted Pioneer to be 10.2 behind Colts.  They were 14.4.

Everything else was within a few decimals.

Edited by barigirl78

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And 62.5 for Cincinnati Tradition. Are they fourteen points better than they were at this point last year? Or was either last year or this year a case of DCI scoring them incorrectly, as often happens with the numbers for all-age corps.

I've seen videos.  They are head and shoulders above last year.   

11 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Crown not far behind Bluecoats in GE!

In total, that's true.  But the judges are saying that Bloo is not performing at or above the level of their design... But Crown may be outperforming their show.  It will be interesting to see how that progresses.  Typically, you want to have that repertoire number pushing a little ahead of the performance number early to mid season.  It's not a certain science... but it is a logical place to want to be.

Inevitably, all contending corps will be adding material and switching out parts for more impact moments... and this should jog up the repertoire score anyway.

Ultimately, the judges are saying that Crown is performing their show better than Bloo is performing theirs right now.  It's difficult to be sure without a full panel... but I would suggest that Crown would have won a brass caption (if there was one judged) and that would go along with their CC numbers.

It makes sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, superOOk said:

I talked with staff at Massillon and they said they were going to drop an octave, and patch an effect that would bring it back up an octave. Maybe they didn't like the effect.

Well they have a whole season to fix it so I'm sure they will be fine

• Like 1