2017 Rankings

The battle does appear to be for second. Cabs are performing well but Bucs seem to be on a roll as they have been all season with a significant gap all season. Cadets2 had a very poor performance last night with yet ANOTHER technical problem with electronics (which has been an issue ALL season!). If Cadets2 can get in a clean performance they will medal and possibly even over take Cabs. But right now four corps seem to be battling for spots 2-5. On a side know... Kidsgrove had a very enjoyable show. And the Fusion guard was tremendous!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

If they were over 17 minutes they should have been given the penalty. Isn't that why there is a penalty and timing judge? 

I wasn't there, so I can't speak to this  specific situation,  but it's really at the discretion of the  timing and penalty judge.  My corps once received an undertime warning after a show, and at the next show less than a week later, the penalty was actually given. There's nothing in the rule book that allows for that, it was the judges discretion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dans said:

Saw White Sabers last night in Reading. Meh...I guess they are OK. Now on the other hand, the Buccaneers are magnificent. Boggles my mind the performance levels a weekend only corps can achieve! The staff at Reading has created a wonderful product this season. The only competition is for 2nd. The crew from Reading will add another championship to their amazing record next weekend. What an amazing organization. It's almost not fair...the Buccaneers are on a whole different level than their competitors. Wow Buccaneers!

You know, not everyone has to be the Bucs to provide a satisfying and enjoyable experience for the viewer. I think "meh" is a pretty underwhelming reaction myself.

26 minutes ago, scottmkeen said:

I wasn't there, so I can't speak to this  specific situation,  but it's really at the discretion of the  timing and penalty judge.  My corps once received an undertime warning after a show, and at the next show less than a week later, the penalty was actually given. There's nothing in the rule book that allows for that, it was the judges discretion. 

Bush had an electronics issue at the Grand Prix that was a stadium malfunction ( plug was pulled out ). The timing judge stopped the clock until the stadium people found and fixed the issue. The same might have happened with C2 last evening.

Jay

3 hours ago, scottmkeen said:

There's a grace period rule like dci has but this seemed even long for that

What several others have said about White Sabers.  They are definitely the real deal this season.

At last night's show, they added a few effects/tweaks to their show compared to the weekend before, and I'm guessing there's more to come.

Quite a summer for them!!!

• Like 1